- Coming home to this little bit of custom Monster High art was a treat for both Vivian and myself!
- It was indeed the Oscars last night, and of course I watched. I won my office's Oscar pool too, by some miracle. I'm always torn on picking who I think will win versus who I want to win. I didn't reach my goal of watching all the nominated Best Picture/Acting movies this year (I fell short on Trumbo, Bridge of Spies, and Creed) but I still felt like I made a good effort.
- Vivian loves to dress herself, and I love to see what she comes up with. The spring-like temperatures yesterday must have inspired this ensemble - that's flowered pants, with a flowered skirt, flowered dress, and then a flowered hoodie to top it all off.
- Also in Vivian news - I managed to talk her into cleaning out her room this weekend. She's been asking to rearrange her room, so I said we would have to clean it and get rid of some toys first. I was surprised at how agreeable she was with it - she had no problems parting ways with a significant amount of toys. We ended up with one garbage bag full of garbage, and another full of donations, and I no longer feel like pulling all my hair out when I walk into her room.
- I deposited a cheque by taking a picture with my phone for the first time the other day - THE FUTURE IS NOW.
- I finally have all the pieces assembled for my taxes. Usually, this is an exciting time of year since I typically get a good refund. I'm pretty nervous this year though - the strike and an increase in freelance work means that things are kind of all over the place. Fingers crossed I can still pull off getting the roof replaced!
- I mentioned above that I have a research proposal due this week, which I was really stressed about. I got some informal approval from the head of the program though, and he seems genuinely excited and impressed by my topic. I still have to put the whole thing together, but it was definitely a weight off my shoulders to see "That sounds like a very interesting subject!" in his email.
- Rrroll up the Rim has been a bit of a bust for me (only one free coffee and one free donut) so I'm glad that this week is free coffee at McDonalds week to help get over the defeat.
- I got some awesome new pins today, but I'm planning on putting together a full post about my pin game later this week, so you can find out more about them then!
Enjoy the last couple hours of your Leap Day, everyone!