Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Treats of the Week - What's with today, today?

Is everyone just anxious for the long weekend or what?  It seems like everyone is cranky and tired.  Or maybe I'm just cranky and tired so everyone is getting on my nerves WHO CAN TELL.  I'm definitely looking forward to the end of the week though - just one more day of work to get through then a little roadtrip on Friday!  Hooray!



  • It's been a couple of weeks since I've written one of these, so I don't think I've mentioned the London Comicon!  We had a great time again this year - Vivian went for her Princess Leia costume again and managed to spend all my money in record time.  We're so lucky to have two awesome comicons in London, and I'm happy to support them both!
  • This isn't really a treat, but a WTF.  I was out on my lunch break the other day when I saw this lady out in traffic at Wellington and Commissioners rearranging pylons.  I don't even know.



  • If you're not watching You're the Worst, you really should be!  I love the show - not only is it funny, but it's also a really important portrait of mental illness.  The most recent episode focused on a character's struggle with PTSD and it was so well done.  
  • Having a dude who works at a comic book store definitely has its advantages - like when he gets me a Pacific Rim Kaiju toy!




  • Vans has come out with a line of Toy Story shoes and they are so freaking cute.


  • When Dustin is over at my place I get a real insight into the creative artist process.  Sometimes you have to look at a piece from a new angle, apparently.



  • One of our interpreters at work sent us cards for Thanksgiving.  It was definitely a pleasant surprise!




  • I got a new tattoo last week too!  I know, I know.  It hasn't been that long since the last one.  It's actually kind of funny though - I had been planning this one for longer.  The artist who did my hawk and typewriter works in Barrie now.  We had talked about me wanting a flamingo tattoo, which he was really excited about so he told me that he would let me know when he was back in London for a guest spot.  He emailed me about a month ago to let me know he was in town so I took the chance!  I love what he drew up - now I just have to wait a few months until he's in London again so we can add some pink to it!


  • My friend Amanda came across this old picture of us and I can't really tell if it makes me happy or depressed.  Look at us - so young and without children or mortgages or any real worries!  Ah youth!


No comments: