Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Fall TV 2016 - Better late than never

Yeah, so I'm nowhere near being on the ball.  I'm pretty sure the ball is like, across the street at this point.  I usually do a nice Fall TV post in August to outline all the new shows I'm going to watch, but I just didn't get to it this year.  This makes sense since I'm basically behind on everything.  There's still lots of stuff I'm planning on watching though - although there's a good chance that I'll end up just marathoning through them a season at a time for the most part.  In any event, here's what I am/will be watching this fall.

Quarry (Cinemax, premiered Friday, September 9th at 10 p.m.)
Okay, I'm not entirely sure what this show is about, but it seems to be some sort of dark, violent, vigilante justice type dealio which seems cool enough.



Son of Zorn (Fox, premiered Sunday, September 11th at 8:30 p.m.)
Cartoons interacting with live action characters?  Sign me up.



Masters of Sex (Showtime, premiered Sunday, September 11th at 10:00 p.m.)
Okay, I'm still a season behind on this but I have high hopes that I'll get caught up.

American Horror Story: Roanoake (FX, premiered Wednesday, September 14th at 10:00 p.m.)
So far I'm really digging the format of season 6, and apparently episode 6 is going to turn the whole show on its head.  I'm all in.

High Maintenance (HBO, premiered Friday, September 16th at 11:00 p.m.)
Want to know more about the world of bicycling pot dealers?  Yeah you do.



The Big Bang Theory (CBS, premiered  Monday, September 19th at 8:30 p.m.)
Everybody likes comfort food TV, right?

The Good Place (NBC, premiered Monday, September 19th at 10:00 p.m.)
I wasn't really expecting much from this show, but it's really great.  Kristen Bell's character is in heaven but shouldn't be.  It's pretty great seeing her play against type as the awful Eleanor trying to figure out what's going on.  It's got a real Pushing Daisies vibe to it.



Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox, premiered Tuesday, September 20th at 8:00 p.m.)
Can Terry Crewes be in more things?

New Girl (Fox, premiered Tuesday, September 20th at 8:30 p.m.)
This show went a little off the rails last season but I still have hope for it.  I'll probably end up letting it pile up and watch a bunch all at once though.

Scream Queens (Fox, premiered Tuesday, September 20th at 9:00 p.m.)
I LOVE THIS SHOW.  This is probably the one show I really look forward to watching each week - clever, quick, and lots of twists.  Love love it.

This is Us (NBC, premiered Tuesday, September 20th at 10:00 p.m.)
You know about this show, they've been pushing the trailer down our throats since the Superbowl.  It's supposed to be pretty great, but I haven't tried watching the first episode yet.  Get your tissues ready.



The Goldbergs (ABC, premiered Wednesday, September 21st at 9:00 p.m.)
Oh the Goldbergs.  This show makes me giggle like crazy - I hope it stays the 80s forever.

Empire (Fox, premiered Wednesday, September 21st at 9:00 p.m.)
I still need to watch the second season, but I'm sure the third season is going to be great!

Pitch (Fox, premiered Thursday, September 22nd at 9:00 p.m.)
Pretty interesting concept here - the first female pitcher to play professional baseball.



The Exorcist (Fox, premiered Friday, September 23rd at 9:00 p.m.)
I don't know why I'm even considering watching this.  I've only seen the movie once, and it scared me enough that I don't really want to watch it ever again.  I've heard pretty much zero buzz about this, which is a bad sign.



The Last Man on Earth (Fox, premiered Sunday, September 25th at 9:30 p.m.)
Oh man, I love this show.  The winter finale last year made me cry.  If you aren't watching it you should definitely try it out.

Saturday Night Live (NBC, premieres Saturday, October 1st at 11:29 p.m.)
Pretty good hosts lined up so far this year - Margot Robbie is hosting the season premiere, and they're going to have lots of material with the election.

Ash vs Evil Dead (Starz, premieres Sunday, October 2nd at 8:00 p.m.)
This show is pretty goofy, but in a fun way.  Looking forward to seeing what Ash gets up to this season.

Westworld (HBO, premieres Sunday, October 2nd at 9:00 p.m.)
Westworld is basically what HBO is hoping we all fall in love with to replace Game of Thrones.  It looks incredible - I can't wait to watch it.



The Mindy Project (Hulu, premieres Wednesday, October 4th)
I don't watch Mindy in real time anymore - it's so much better to binge!  They seem to post it quickly on Netflix too, which is perfect.

Frequency (CW, premieres Thursday, October 5th at 9:00 p.m.)
I love the movie, so I'm hoping the show is worthwhile!



Divorce (HBO, premieres Sunday, October 9th at 10:00 p.m.)
Sarah Jessica Parker returns to HBO - but not as Carrie Bradshaw.



Black Mirror (Netflix, premieres Friday, October 21st)
Oh man, I freaking LOVE Black Mirror.  The original BBC run is some of the smartest TV I've ever seen.  I can't wait to see what they come up with next - and just in time for Halloween!

What's coming up for midseason?  I'll be adding Scandal, Emerald City, Powerless, and Riverdale!

No comments: