So let's get to some of those backlogged treats!
- I went to see House of Pain! And it was the BEST! So many people were teasing me about them being a one-hit-wonder group but seriously, the show was so awesome.
- I saw a car with a Charlie-series licence plate the other day (the sequence began with a C) for the first time. It made me oddly happy.
- I've been keeping an eye out at thrift stores for interesting vintage paperback books, because obviously I need something new to collect. This one is definitely a winner.
- Vivian and I took a trip out to the campground last week to visit my friend Amanda and her crew, along with a bunch of other families who were camping together. Vivian had a blast running wild with the kids and swimming in the pool. I'm not a big camper, but it definitely seemed like fun to hang out with such a big crowd of families like that!
- Last week also had a trip to Toronto on Monday night to see David Cross at the Danforth. It was a great show - super dark and very political. I love seeing live comedy - just bough tickets today to go see Eric Andre at the Danforth next month!
- We have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so Jenn and I spent the day this past weekend shopping for something for me to wear. I came up empty handed though - so I'm still on the hunt this week (and just frantically ordered a bunch of options online). I did, however, find this awesome fringe bag for 50% off at the Banana Republic Factory Store, so I'm hoping I can just assemble a dress around it or something.
- Like everyone else, Dustin and I powered through Stranger Things and loved it! I can't wait to cover myself in Hawkins swag now - I definitely need a Hawkins Power and Electric shirt and have my eye on a Hawkins AV Club pin online!
- I got Vivian all registered for dance in the fall - we decided to go with the full-time competitive team! It's going to be a fun year with more dance and more competitions, but I'm ready and so is Vivian! We got the recital DVD from last year and Vivian's been watching it constantly.
- Scary Movie in the Basement Night is still going strong - we've been working on a list of movies both classic and modern. The biggest surprise so far has been Grave Encounters, which was so great. It starts out really predictable but ends up in a pretty surprising place. Amazingly, the sequel is super smart and entertaining too!
Hopefully now that I'm not so crazy stressed out and busy all the time I can get back to blogging a bit more regularly, although I'm definitely favouring Instagram more and more these days! This is a short week - I'm off on Thursday to go to Toronto for my new (free!) tattoo so be sure to check @ashlie_nonsense on Instagram for the update there!