Monday, 20 June 2016

Treats of the Week - Solstice

Happy Solstice, everyone!  It's the longest day of the year, and miraculously it didn't feel that way at work today!  Today is also the first time since 1967 that it's a full Strawberry moon on the same day as the Solstice, so get out there to check it out tonight if you can!


  • Thursday night was a concert night!  Jenn and I had a little road trip across the border to see Flight of the Conchords in Detroit and it was so great!  They put on an amazing show - if you ever get a chance to see them live you should definitely do it!




  • Hey hey hey, look who finally painted the coffee table!  My initial plan was to sand it down and stain it, but per usual I got bored of that and decided to just paint it instead.  It's so nice having a coffee table in the living room again and equally nice to have the space back in the garage!



  • Today was 50% off day at Talize and not only did I score some great books (David Rakoff?  Yes, please!) I also managed to pillage the pin and brooch section for a few scores.



  • The bulk of the week was taken up with the dance recital which happened on Saturday.  Not only was Vivian in four numbers and I was in two numbers but I was also recruited at the last minute to be the MC again.  Everything went off beautifully - the kids were adorable and talented, I babbled my way through the nearly five hour recital and even managed to pull off the dance routines with minimum errors.  It was a great, albeit long, day.  I'm so relieved to have it over for a little while before Circus Camp starts up in the summer (Vivian is already asking when that will be)




I love being a part of a dance family and being engaged and involved in what happens behind the scenes, but holy cow can it ever be exhausting.  This week is our first week of no yoga, no swimming, no dance, just baseball on Saturday and I am SO RELIEVED.  It's so nice for it to finally be summer and just enjoy some quiet nights.  I haven't had much freelance work lately, which really sucks for the ol' bank account but has been nice for time.  I've been reading a lot and should be working on my final paper for my program.  Just having quiet nights at home with Vivian has been a real treat - and I can't wait for her to be done school so we can enjoy our summer nights even more.  Not much longer before my vacation time kicks in on July 1st and then I will really be able to get some things done around here!

No comments: