- Yesterday was the 6th birthday of my niece Blair, the sweetest little pixie of a person I've ever met. Happy Birthday, Blair! I said we would celebrate by having a special day with just her and Vivian - maybe a trip to the movies or the children's museum and a sleepover.
- I forgot to mention last week that I got these awesome stickers from Runout Records at the Novack's building. In addition to all kinds of great records there's also a selection of stickers and buttons. This of course immediately drew my attention. These two stickers are now happily living as magnets on my fridge.
- I had all kinds of plans this weekend - Fringe Festival, Block Party, Gathering on the Green, Nuit Blanche, Forest City Flea - but all of that was replaced with dance dance and more dance. All told Vivian had three hours of dance this weekend and I had six hours with the dance moms. Somehow I managed to survive the three-hour hip hop rehearsals with the Dance Moms - the routine is insane but is going to be SO AWESOME. Such is the life at recital time of year - all plans get put on hold.
- The Mission Store at Rectory and York is open now, which is great for me since it's very close to my work. I went to check it out on my lunch break the other day, and was pretty excited to see a selection of pins in the display case. I wasn't able to get a close look though since apparently it takes all three little old ladies to run the till at once so they didn't notice me waiting to have the case opened.
- On another thrifting run to Value Village I managed to score this Pyrex Friendship pattern Cinderella bowl! I love the Friendship pattern, but it's usually really expensive since the pattern is so collectible. Value Village has caught on to the collectors and has started pricing things accordingly. This bowl was sticker priced at $12.99 but I had a 30% coupon from dropping items off a couple days before. Hooray!
- In not so treat news - I also found this set of Pyrex Cinderella bowls - I think they used to be Gooseberry pattern. Such a shame - don't put vintage dishes in the dishwasher!
- My brother is the king of the bizarre and hilarious tattoos. I legit laughed out loud when I saw this new one pop up on Instagram. If you go to the Subway in Grand Bend, say hi to him.
- All of the dance sessions this weekend meant that we had time to kill in between. Luckily there is a lovely park nearby with a playground and a splash pad. It worked out perfectly. Also fun for killing time? Introducing kids to phone booths. They had no idea what it was and were delighted that there was a voice on the other end of the phone.
I'm running out of time before the best treat starts - Season 2 premiere of UnREAL! If you're not watching this show, you definitely need to be. It's SO GOOD.