Thursday, 26 May 2016

Whatcha Doin'?

All of a sudden it seems like there's a million things happening in London - and it's not even festival season yet!  I thought I would do a post about some of the events coming up in the next couple of weeks that I'm hoping/planning on attending.  Hit me up!


Friday, May 27
The Kangaroo Variety live magazines have become one of my favourite local events.  They're held once a month in the upper level of the old Novack's building.  This month is extra-special because my friend Dan Brown and my dude Dustin Adrian are both presenting.  If you dig storytelling or podcasts then you should definitely check it out!




Saturday, May 28
This Saturday night is also Grickle Grass, which is somehow even more hipster than Kangaroo Variety.  I haven't been before, but it's a party in the Children's Museum with live music and art, which sounds pretty awesome. 








Friday, May 27 - Sunday, May 29
If the hipsters aren't your scene, this weekend is also Shock Stock - Canada's Premier Horror/Exploitation convention.  This is another one I haven't gone to before, but I'm really excited to check it out.  There's vendors and screenings and parties, but I'm mostly excited for the horror-themed escape room!









There's also a new exhibit at Museum London that I want to check out - Remember When: an exhibition of souvenirs and mementos.  I kind of have a thing for souvenirs and local souvenirs especially, so this one is right up my alley!  It runs until September 11th so you have lots of time!



The next couple weekends are equally packed...


June 4 - Is the Gathering on the Green in Wortley Village, and the London Fringe Block Party during the day and then Nuit Blanche at night!  I'm hoping to take Vivian to check things out!


June 5 - Is the Forest City Flea - which was one of my favourite events of last year!  Hooray for local vendors! 


June 10 - There's a KULA Mall Night Market at the Novack's Building - perfect for any vendors you might have missed the weekend before. 


June 11 - There's a Touch a Truck event at the Strathroy Community Christian School for the kids. 


June 18 - Andrea's Dance School's annual recital at the high school in Strathroy!  The kids work so hard - and I guarantee you, this is not a lame recital.  The routines are amazing (I can't wait to see Fury Road, the big senior acro routine!) and there's the added bonus of seeing us moms get up there to dance.

No comments: