Monday, 16 May 2016

Treats of the Week - Bright Ideas

I do a lot of dumb things.  I would even say that I do dumb things on a fairly regular basis.  I'm a smart person, but that doesn't always equate smart actions.  So when a survey came around for this year's edition of Dance Moms for Vivian's dance recital, I clicked that I would be interested in Beginner Acro.  And so I spent the better part of two hours yesterday tumbling, cartwheeling, handstanding, and backbending.  I am definitely feeling it today.  Luckily, there wasn't enough interest for a mom acro routine in the recital, but it sounds like I'll at least be doing hip hop, and potentially jazz and tap as well.  I'm probably crazy for it, but it's fun and Vivian gets a kick out of seeing me dance.  I think it's important for her to see me trying things and being okay with looking silly or imperfect.

How about some less painful treats, yes?


  • My coffee was happy to see me the other day - and I was just as happy to see it.


  • I was out on Saturday night for my friend Kimberly's birthday.  Not only did I have a delicious marlin dinner at Lola's in Sarnia, but I also found $10 at the bowling alley after!  I was the top bowler as well - quite the feather in my cap.
  • I cut the grass tonight, which isn't exactly a treat.  But I did manage to finish cutting it just before it started to rain.  This seemed like enough of a reason to order pizza for dinner.
  • There's nothing quite like new stamps for work!



  • I had some successful thrifting today - I found another copy of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, which makes my second complete set.  I gave the first set to Dustin for Christmas, and this second set is for me, but if I find a third set I will be putting it up for sale!


  • I got carded TWICE this weekend - once while wearing makeup and once with no makeup.  I'm going to chalk this up as a win rather than focusing on the fact that I went to the LCBO twice in one weekend.
  • I made the mistake of trying the fancy new raspberry truffle donut from Tim Horton's today.  That was a poor but delicious choice.
  • In related news, those new Smores Oreo cookies are not very good.  If you have any in your home, you should probably just bring them to me so I can dispose of them for you.

No comments: