Monday, 4 April 2016

Treats of the Week - I need the treats

Oh man, you guys.  I don't know what I did to piss off the universe but I have had quite the string of bad luck.  On Wednesday I had a presentation at my class at 4:30.  I finish work at 4:00 and see that one of my tires is looking really low.  My car is going to get fixed on Friday (from when it was hit in the parking lot) so I figure I'll just put some air in the tire and make it work until Friday.  I make it to the nearest gas station, and when I get out for the air there was a guy standing there who is like, "Yeah, no.  That tire is flat.  No sense in putting air in it."  Ugh.  So I call roadside, and my prof.  Tell the prof what's up and I'll be there when I get there.  Roadside sends me the world's nicest tow truck driver to come and switch out my tire and I somehow make it to class in time for my presentation.  Maybe I'll end up scoring some sympathy points for the whole thing.  It was another screw in my tire, which means that since I got this car in September I've gotten two screws in tires and someone has hit it.  Foxy never played me like that!

Today's minor disaster was the puddle of water surrounding the fridge.  But I think Vivian left the door open yesterday for quite a bit, so maybe it's from that?  Let's go with that.

Ugh, I need me some treats!


  • Vivian has been obsessed with watching Pee-Wee's Playhouse lately and it's been awesome.  I enjoy watching it with her and it's so funny to hear her wandering around singing "connect the dots, la la la la, connect the dots, la la la la."
  • My grandma is still emailing me, which has been really nice.  I especially like how she starts emails with "Hi Ashlie, it's grandma at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday" as though it was a voicemail and I might not know when she sent it.
  • I was assigned my research advisor for my upcoming MRP and I'm incredibly fortunate to be working with Dr. Andrew Sancton.  He is one of Canada's leading experts on municipal government.  The man is an Oxford-educated Rhodes Scholar, for pete's sake.  It's incredibly intimidating, but such an honour to be able to work with him, especially since he's retiring in January.
  • This was what my Thursday evening looked like, and it was exactly what I needed.




  • Saturday was spent wandering around some shops here in Strathroy, which led to my dude running into a friend he hadn't seen in years.  It worked out that we were all able to go for dinner that night, and I got a new profile picture from the tablecloth doodles!


  • My car is being repaired, so I have a rental for a few days.  It's another Focus, but it's the 2016 with all the bells and whistles.  Oh how I love having a remote starter and satellite radio!
  • My brother is the kind of the ridiculous tattoos, and this is his newest one.  It's hilarious and I love it.


  • In addition to my incredibly sweet nephew Brody, I have this new little nephew!  Officer Terry Turner, reporting for duty.  My brother and my sister in law just picked him up yesterday and he's ridiculously cute.  He's an 8 week old mini dachshund and I don't think there's ever been a dog this cute in the history of the world.



Okay - this week is my LAST WEEK OF CLASSES!  Hooray!  I'll still be working on my paper, of course, but it should loosen up my schedule a little bit.  I have draft blog posts waiting too so I will hopefully be back into the groove of blogging and getting shit done in no time!  Positivity!

No comments: