Monday, 18 April 2016

Treats of the Week - Feel that sun

HOLY BALLS YOU GUYS IT'S SO NICE OUT.  It's so funny how those first few warm days of the year feel sooooo good.  I know, we barely had winter and we can't complain.  But still, being all "legs bare, don't care" yesterday and today was awesome.  Plus, it gives me an excuse to buy more dresses.  If I play my cards right I may not wear pants again until October.


  • The roof is done and it looks SO GOOD.  I hate having to spend that much money on something, but it had to be done.  I know the picture is terrible and there was no before picture, but trust me, it was in rough shape.  The new roof is more grey so I'm hoping to paint the garage door and maybe do something about the shutters this year to freshen it up a bit.  I'm also always thinking about taking off the storm door, but that's where the mail carrier leaves my packages so...


  • We're doing renos around the office this month which has led to general chaos.  It's a good spring cleaning kind of chaos though, and I took it upon myself to finally organize this drawer.  You don't even understand - this drawer used to be just a jumble of half-filled boxes and loose binding combs and you could never find anything.  I got it all organized and looking pretty and have basically been offering up free tours of it to anyone in my office.  



  • In addition to the roof getting fixed I also got some tasks checked off the old list this week - some I managed to tackle myself and some I had to be bailed out on.  But the point is things are getting done!
  • If there is anything better in the world than having beer and nachos on a patio on a Friday afternoon it would have to be having beer and nachos on a patio on a Saturday afternoon.  These are Friday nachos and they were freaking fantastic.


  • After those delicious nachos, the dude and I headed to see Midnight Special at the Rainbow.  It's a really quietly wonderful movie - I recommend it!
  • It was also dance competition time again this weekend - Vivian and the crew were in Chatham for another competition and they had another fine showing.  It wasn't quite as good as the Grand Bend competition (they placed second overall in their age category and were adjudicated at the Diamond level) but it's still pretty incredible for them being so young.  I think next year we're looking at doing full time competitive for Vivian - she's definitely got the bug now.  She's been spending all her time practicing headstands, cartwheels, and flips.  Yesterday she was even choreographing her own routines on the trampoline.
  • The best part about the dance competition on Saturday?  Coming home and having a heavenly 2 hour nap afterwards.
  • Kimmy Schmidt is back on Netflix!  I love this show so hard - I'm only a couple of episodes in, but I'm heading to bed to watch some more as soon as I finish this off!
  • I also just discovered that documentaryheaven.com is a thing where you can watch thousands of documentaries for free online.  So I may be falling down that rabbit hole for the next little while.

No comments: