- I'm watching the Grammy Awards as I write this, which I don't normally do. I'm basically only watching it because I want to see the Lady Gaga tribute to David Bowie and the couch is comfortable and my book is within reach. I'm glad that they're performing a song from Hamilton though, since it seems to be the only thing that matters in pop culture right now and I really don't understand why.
- I went to see Snoop Dogg - sorry, DJ Snoopadelic on Wednesday night. I was really looking forward to it, since I had seen him in concert years ago at a stadium show but this was a small, club show. I knew he was doing a DJ set and a live set, so I assumed it would be him spinning a few songs and then doing his thing for a few songs. This was not the case. Instead of mixing tracks and playing obscure old school numbers like I expected, he basically just hit play on an iTunes playlist and hung out behind a laptop. It was ridiculous. I still had a great night, but beware DJ Snoopadelic unless you're just looking to dance to the same songs you can hear anywhere.
- This Kate Spade clutch is amazing and I want it in my life. Damn you, Fashion Week for making me want all the things!
- Indeed, Friday night was one of the top three worst drives I've ever done in my life. Somehow I managed to get home while focused on the road and singing along to Say Anything to keep me sane. When we made it back to Strathroy I detoured to the Superstore to see if the wine shop was still open. I had to stop myself from hugging the woman working there after I exclaimed, "I just drove from London to Strathroy in the worst weather and I am so glad you're still open and I need any wine you have."
- My brother and his lovely fiancee had the family over on Sunday night for dinner. It's so weird to see my brother being so domestic, but it was a really nice night. We had antelope roast too - I'm not a huge fan of venison, but this stuff was great.
- I went to see Deadpool on Thursday night and it was really great. I mean, it's basically what you hope it will be so it was a success. I was more excited about the girl serving me at the concession booth though. We bonded over a shared love of mixing popcorn and peanut butter M&Ms. Then I realized her name was Talia and that her favourite movie is The Avengers. (I love it when they list their favourite movie on their name tags.) Obviously I had to give her a hard time for being named Talia and preferring a Marvel movie over DC.
- I'm actually caught up on my freelance typing stuff - huge weight off my shoulders and hopefully now I'll actually get some cash flow coming in from it...
- I don't do Valentine's Day. I always seem to be broke this time of year (and this year is no different) and it just seems unnecessary after the holidays. It's fun when you're a kid, but it's just not something I do as an adult. I did, however, appreciate my hilarious Facebook Valentine from my dude.
Have a week, guys! If you need me, I'll be reading and wearing my slippers at work.