Monday, 1 February 2016

Treats of the Week - February, Apparently

The calendar says that it's February, but the thermometer doesn't seem to agree.  It was a balmy 8 degrees today, which is insane.  I have been enjoying the mild winter, even though it's kind of terrifying.  While it's been nice to not have to worry about driving to work every day, I could kind of go for a snow day.  Just a whole day snuggled up in the house with coffee and books sounds pretty delightful to me.


  • I finally made it out to B&L Antiques on Hamilton Road in London and was not disappointed!  Not only did I find another J. Moriarty London print (this time Sir Adam Beck's House) but I also found this nice little postcard of the St. Thomas City Hall for $1.  They also have these amazing HBC posters from 1970 that are just beautiful.  The pair of them are $295 and totally worth the money, but I've caught a bad case of the poors so I'll stick to my $1 postcard.


  • Back in the fall Jenn went to Austin and brought me back a cute magnet as a souvenir, as she often does.  Of course I dropped it in my car and immediately lost it.  I worried that I had dropped it outside of my car and it actually ended up lost forever, but it finally turned up in my car this weekend!  I figure it must have been stuck to a mechanism under the passenger seat and was finally shaken loose by the snow brush or something.



  • I did lots of visiting this weekend, including going to visit my friend Amanda and her new baby, Leo.  Vivian was quite charmed by him, but didn't want to hold him.  I made up for it by holding him basically the entire afternoon that we were there.



  • You know how sometimes you're really stressed out about making a phone call but you finally get up the courage to make the call and then it turns out to not be a big deal at all and there was nothing to stress about and you feel like you maybe can adult just a little bit?  I had one of those moments today.
  • Bored Elon Musk continues to be one of my favourite Twitter accounts.  I still don't really "get" the whole Twitter thing and just check it pretty sporadically, but I do enjoy his ideas!




I think that's about all I can come up with - I just spent the better part of the last hour on the phone with Bell because apparently unplugging your modem to rearrange furniture is a terrible idea.  Ugh.

No comments: