Today was garbage day, which is always exciting, but today was especially exciting because it was also recycling day. See, I only get recycling pickup every other week. This wouldn't be so bad except we have the big wheelie bins here for the automated truck deals so once they're full, they're full. I'm still playing catch-up from the holidays as far as my recycling goes, and I thought this was finally going to be the week where things got under control. I actually came home from work excited to see an empty recycling bin at the road so I could fill it up with the scattered recyclables which have taken up residence in my garage and finally feel like I have some modicum of control over my life. I came home from work to find my garbage bin sitting demurely by the side of the road, but no recycling bin. Where a large wheelie recycling bin would disappear to is beyond me. My neighbour still has a recycling bin sitting in front of their house, but I don't know if it's theirs or mine. I could go to their house and ask, but that requires human contact and seems like a crazy plan. I figure I'll just sit in my house and hope that this isn't a bad sign for the start of my week and maybe the bin will turn up in front of my house tomorrow morning. A girl can dream.
And now, treats.
- I'm rather rapidly turning into a crazy person who collects enamel pins. But seriously, tell me how I was supposed to resist this Badass Peggy Olsen pin?
- I was meeting my friend Lauren for lunch the other day and had to wait in the "no stopping" zone in front of her office building. I sent her a text ("Get in, loser. We're going for burritos.") and hoped she would be out quickly before some FedEx truck came along and started freaking out on me or something. Luckily the nice gentleman parked (legally) in front of me knocked on my window and offered me his parking stub and spot since he was just leaving. Yay for nice people!
- I've been doing really well at the whole "Hang Shit Up" thing. I even managed to tackle finally hanging up Vivian's height ruler in the kitchen - it only took a year. I busted out my drill and level and everything! It doesn't look straight here, but it actually is. I think it's more because of the shadow and the fact that I can't take a picture straight.
- I did a little bit of wandering this weekend and found this lovely lady at Memory Lane. What a special time it was when you could put naked women on a calendar for a grocery store. I really wanted to take her home, but she was $95.
- Kimberly and I went to see the So You Think You Can Dance live tour this week and it was so much fun! They did all the dances we were hoping to see from last season and even had some new stuff. Hailee was insane - she was in practically every number!
- Saturday was a trip to Brown & Dickson with the dude to see a live magazine. What's a live magazine, you ask? Well it's a pretty unique event that Brown & Dickson came up with that consists of live interviews/music/storytelling/reviews. Basically anything you might read in a magazine, but performed live. It was super cool - I really dug it. Luckily if you didn't make it out for the first issue they're planning on doing it every month! Keep an eye out for the next edition of Kangaroo Variety.
- I tore through the first two seasons of Mozart in the Jungle this week - almost makes me want to go back to my French Horn days!
- This is not a drill - The Land of Nod is doing a line of bedding and housewares inspired by the art of Charley Harper. I need all the things.
- Snoop is coming to London in a couple of weeks and I've got my tickets! Love those concert announcements to keep the winter blahs away!
Wish me luck with my recycling bin, you guys.