Monday, 11 January 2016

Treats of the Week - Stardust

Like many people, my morning started off by learning of David Bowie's passing.  It still seems so unbelievable - he seemed untouchable, somehow.  It's awful to see him go, but what a gift he's left us with his final album.  He truly was too good for this world, and we were lucky to have him for as long as we did.


  • I finished season 2 of You're the Worst this week and holy crap - I love it so much.  The first season is pretty light and funny, and the second season starts off the same way but weaves in a really heartbreaking plot about dealing with depression in a relationship.  Seriously, it's so good.  Go watch it.
  • I'm way behind on my comic book reading (as usual) but I had to add this new title to my bag after seeing Dustin Nguyen's beautiful art for the cover of the first issue!


  • LOOK HOW CUTE MY NEPHEW IS


  • I'm so freaking lucky that King of the Pigs has a Strathroy location!  We got takeout on Thursday night and it was bonkers good.  The Portuguese sure know their way around chicken.
  • My friend Kimberly invited me to go see So You Think You Can Dance live in London in a couple of weeks!  Hooray for fun plans in cold months.
  • Can't wait to watch the new documentary Je Suis Charlie now on Netflix.


  • I published my 1000th post last week - sometimes I can't believe that I've stuck with the blog this long.


  • It was back to classes this week - Policy Process in Local Government and Local Government Management.  Try to contain yourselves.  I was actually stressing about the workload this semester, but after going through the course outlines with the profs it seems pretty manageable.  Plus we have the benefit of knowing each other a little more this semester, so it was great to see my classmates again.
  • Super adorable trip to Qdoba.



  • It was games night this past Saturday night!  I'm terrible at games for the most part, but it's always nice to just have some snacks and drinks with friends.
  • I actually got around to hanging some shit up - one of my tangible goals for 2016!  It was only a couple of things, but I'm working away at it!
  • the LA Mood Graphic Novel Group had the annual pitch session where we set up our reading for the whole year.  I can't wait to get started, even though I usually don't read anything until the night before!  We meet on the second Saturday of every month at 11:00 a.m. and anyone is welcome to join.  Let me know if you want to check it out!


Do the Starman proud guys - crank his music and be weird!

No comments: