Monday, 4 January 2016

Treats of the Week - Hit the Snooze

Ugh, was today just the worst for everyone?  I swear I forgot how to even dress like a grown-up this morning.  My morning was spent hitting the snooze button every 10 minutes for close to an hour.  "Just another few minutes - I don't need to eat breakfast.  Just another few minutes - I can do my makeup at work!"  Needless to say, it's going to be a very long week trying to get back into the swing of things.

I hope 2016 has been better for all of you!


  • I rang in the new year with an evening in with friends.  I had Vivian this year, so it was pretty low-key.  Once she went to bed we busted out Nightmare - which I wanted so badly as a kid, but had never played.  It lost a little of its charm since we couldn't get the VCR to play and had to cast the video from YouTube, but it was still a pretty fun time.



The Gatekeeper was not made to be seen on a 50" plasma.

  • Like everyone else, I've been devouring the Netflix series Making a Murderer.  Of course I've spoiled myself and know how it ends, but it's been a great ride so far.  It fits right in with my little true crime documentary binge, since I finished The Jinx last week and am now working on The Staircase.
  • I also made it out to the movies to see Sisters and Hateful Eight.  Sisters was actually better than I was expecting, and it was nice to head out for a matinee and a visit with Jenn.  Hateful Eight had been plagued by such division among the critics, I was really anxious to see it.  While it's definitely not my favourite Tarantino, I fully enjoyed it.  It never dragged for me, and I enjoyed most of the dialogue.  It's a lot like And Then There Were None, which I love, so maybe that saved it for me.
  • While at these movies I also managed to score third and first place on TimePlay, so you know, I'm kind of a big deal.
  • I also managed to watch the Christmas special of Sherlock (look how much watching of things I can do when I'm not working or in school!) and I LOVED IT.  So great.  Maybe I was just so desperate for new Sherlock that I would have been satisfied with anything, but I thought it was a really wonderful episode.
  • I spent some time wandering around Chapters the other day, where I took pictures of the books that interested me so I could remember to go back for them some other day when I'm not stupid broke and can spend money on books and more notebooks that I don't need.  You know, like a normal person.







  • I fear I'm about to cross into some real Hipster Asshole territory and start collecting enamel pins.  I mean, they're just so cute!  And there's literally one for EVERYTHING.  Don't worry, I'll hold off on covering a jean jacket in buttons, pins, and patches...for now.


  • I've seen these before, but this week I got sucked into watching videos of the beautiful paper sculptures made by Li Hongbo and they're absolutely hypnotic.




  • Also in Hipster Asshole territory?  This anatomical model of a balloon animal.  Because obviously.


All right, friends, I need to go wrestle with my computer.  (Seriously, if anyone knows how to fix "This waveform audio format is unsupported by your audio driver" let me know.  I'll be  your best friend.)

I didn't make it to 1000 posts in 2015, but if I publish a couple of old posts languishing in my drafts folder, I should hit it this week!  So much randomness!

No comments: