Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Nice Things on the Internet

Sometimes I kind of forget that people read this blog other than people who know me in real life.  Every now and then the reality of the Interwebs kicks in and I am reminded that indeed all the dumb things I write are available to people all over the world.  I try not to think about it too much though, wouldn't want to self-censure.

Once a woman in Australia wanted to buy the vintage Rainbow Bright sheets I use as curtains in Vivian's room.  I politely declined.

Another time, a woman in Australia wanted some of the Sarah Richardson paint chips, which I happily mailed to her.  (Apparently I'm big in Australia.)

Someone in England bought one of my old purses.

Someone else has tried to purchase a pair of my shoes.  (This was possibly a creep.)

Someone in Toronto wanted to buy my vintage Air Canada bag.  Again I had to politely decline, but I keep my eye out for one for her.

The most recent instance of the Interwebs reaching out to me came just yesterday, when a lovely woman commented on my blog post about the CFPL Radio Print series, which I have begun collecting.  Her mother has passed away, and she's trying to clear out some of the smaller items.  She Googled the prints to see if they had any value, and came across my blog about them.  She was kind enough to comment asking if I would be interested in any of them, and of course I was happy to accept!  She had prints of the Country Courthouse, Middlsex College, Eldon House, and St. Peter's Basilica.  The Basilica was the only one I hadn't yet found, so I stopped by her place today after work to retrieve it.  I was thrilled to add it to my collection, and she was pleased it was going to a happy home.  Hooray for nice things on the Internet!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey, me again! I just got a booth at Memory Lane today and I'm trying to do some networking before I unveil it. I started a blog, feel free to check it out if you're inclined. Also wanted to drop some more internet camaraderie from a stranger. I enjoy reading your posts on antiquing. It's nice to know that other people have weird little obsessions too.

Ashlie Hawkins said...

Aww, it's so nice to "meet" you, Jenn! I'll have to check out your blog and booth at Memory Lane the next time I'm there!