Monday, 21 December 2015

Treats of the Week - STAR WARS

Sure, sure, it's Christmas this week but more importantly J.J. Abrams has gifted us with the wonder that is The Force Awakens.  It's wonderful, truly.  My official spoiler-free review is that it hits enough of the same beats as the original, but it has enough twists to make it feel fresh and new.  It's funny, it's smart, it's exciting, it's sad, it's the Star Wars we all love.  Go see it, for realsies.

I'm nowhere near being ready for Christmas so it's crunch time.  I'm also closing in on my 1000th blog post, which I'm hoping to accomplish by the end of the year, so if I seem to be blogging more frequently that's why!


  • I handed in my last paper of the first semester on Friday.  Basically as soon as I emailed it in to the prof I hit a brick wall and finally accepted that I was sick.  I spent most of the weekend holding the couch down.
  • The lady at the Tim Hortons drive-thru the other day complimented me on my wallet.  I've had this wallet since like 2004 or something and I just can't bear to get rid of it.  It's in rough shape, but I haven't found another one that I like as much.  Having someone else appreciate it was a definite bright spot for me!


  • The fall finale of Last Man on Earth completely broke my heart.  I was seriously on the verge of tears watching it.  I love that show so much - you've got to check it out if you haven't watched it yet.
  • It was Vivian's Christmas concert this week and she was so freaking cute.  It always surprises me when I see her with her classmates - she's so small!  



  • It was my book club dinner on Thursday - always a highlight.  We went to Blu Duby and it was awesome.  I had the lobster mac n' cheese (because obviously) and also had the most badass Caesar salad ever.  I also made a lot of jokes about sausages and girth, because I'm always appropriate in fancy restaurants.



  • I came across this blanket while I was out trying to Christmas shop at lunch (to no avail) and it made me laugh.


  • Me having an entirely normal reaction to the realization that Carrie Fisher's daughter played Chanel #3 on Scream Queens (and also has a cameo in The Force Awakens).



Hope you've got a better handle on Christmas than I do - the pressure is on!

No comments: