Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Treats of the Week - Oops


So it occurred to me at about 6:30 a.m. this morning that yesterday was Monday and even though I uploaded pictures, I actually forgot to write the blog post.  I suppose it's not surprising since I finished up working on some things, closed my laptop, and crawled into bed at 9:00 p.m. with a book, which was a treat in itself.  Luckily I've just finished a major freelance project (giant weight off my shoulders!) and this is my last week of classes for the semester!  Which means I'm just two 3000 word essays away from being done for the holidays.  You know, except for the working full time part and the other freelance work I want done before the end of the year.  BUT STILL.

  • I narrowly avoided a parking ticket at my class on Thursday - like had put barely any change in the meter and left my car there for three hours and the Commissionaire was about 4 cars away when I strolled out and drove off.  Phew.
  • Trips to the movies with my girl Kimberly are few and far between, but always an awesome time.  We went to see Mockingjay Part 2 and it was really great.  We realized we're running out of series though - our thing is going to see YA novel adaptations.  Now that Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games are done we're kind of just down to Divergent. 
  • I've been trying to get my hands on one of Tim Horton's new sugar cookie donuts for weeks but they're always sold out!  I finally scored one the other day - and it was so fresh they put it in a box for me instead of a bag.  I was actually pretty disappointed with it though - but the actual sugar cookies are phenomenal.


  • A morning out with Jenn this week meant a trip to the Early Bird for this pile of deliciousness that is the Toad in a Hole.  I always seem to end up going to the Early Bird around the holidays - it never disappoints.  It's one of the few restaurants where I try something new each time too.


  • My mom has been fostering kids for something like seven years now, and it's always hard to see kids go.  This week I got an email with some new pictures of kids that lived with my mom a couple of years ago and it's so awesome to see them doing well and looking so grown up!
  • Jenn and I went to an awesome craft sale on Saturday - The Rag Bag Bazaar.  It's always awesome to see so many local vendors and find some cute things before the holidays!  I'm going to do a more detailed post later for anyone who is looking to shop local this year, but check out the cute pin that Jenn got for me (What can I say?  I like a good onomatopoeia.)


  • I also got this perfect print of the Mascot Restaurant, which is a part of the Nitty Gritty London series by artist Jen Hamilton.  I can't wait to add this to my Wall of London, and to get the others in the series!


  • I was so glad that Jenn suggested checking out CATL on Friday night at Call the Office - it was an awesome show, I'll definitely be checking them out again!  If you're in the mood for a super fun rock show you should see them too!\

No comments: