Monday, 16 November 2015

Treats of the Week - Celebs in London

I'm still mostly hunkered down with school/work stuff but managed to have a pretty busy weekend with Vivian!  The holiday plans are already starting to ramp up - we've already gone to one parade and have another one lined up for next weekend.  The fact that it was 18 degrees yesterday isn't exactly helping with the holiday spirit though.


  • Vivian finally got to meet her cousin Brody on Friday and she was so excited!  It worked out well that she needed to get some booster shots that day, so I could bribe her into getting through the shots so she could see Brody afterwards.  She was a little trepidatious at first, but quickly warmed up to him and was eager to hold him.


  • Wednesday was a beautiful day, and I got to spend it walking to the cenotaph to observe the Remembrance Day service.  This is the second year in a row that I've walked down with my coworkers and it's such a nice tradition.  The beautiful fall day was just the icing on the cake.
  • Because of the bank holiday on Wednesday I ended up getting paid a day early, which was a very welcome surprise!
  • The Mindy Project is back on CityTV!  The new episodes have been on Hulu for a while now, but it's finally on in Canada.  I'm watching last night's episode as I type this and it's so good to see everyone back!
  • Netflix has done the world a favour by bringing us W/ Bob and David.  It's so awesome - anything with Bob Odenkirk and David Cross is worthwhile.  We watched most of it on Saturday night, but still have the special to get through - I kind of want to save it since there's only 5 episodes!
  • Potentially more exciting than meeting her new cousin, Vivian and I also met Jay Baruchel on Saturday!  I got the insider info from my dude that he was shopping at Heroes.  Just out with his family being a normal person.  Initially I didn't want to bother him, but when he was browsing in the warehouse on his own I took the chance to ask for a picture.  He was very gracious and polite, even though Vivian thought he didn't really sound like Hiccup.  It's pretty weird seeing a celebrity in London, but I was so glad that he's just as nice in person as he seems in movies.


I've got another busy week this week, then things should start to ease up a bit with my last week of classes next week - at least for this semester.  I have a few posts sitting in my draft folder and am quickly closing in on my 1000th blog post so hopefully I'll be able to crack that soon!

No comments: