Monday, 12 October 2015

Treats of the Week - Thankful

It's been a particularly beautiful Thanksgiving weekend and it was so nice to have a few days away from work to enjoy the company of good friends and family.  I hope you all had the same chance!


  • I've been rewatching Scrubs on Netflix and am nearing the end of the series.  I was so surprised to see Aziz Ansari, Taran Killam, and Eliza Coupe pop up in the 8th season!
  • Thanksgiving Sunday was spent climbing the Port Franks sand dune with the kids.  I don't know how I managed to make it to the top, but somehow I got up there!

  • I got to meet the new baby of a sweet work friend.  It's so weird seeing a tiny new baby again - but I'll get used to it soon since my new nephew is due before the end of the month!
  • I worked in Stratford on Tuesday for a French court, which is one of my favourite places to work.  The staff is always so happy to see me and I just love being in that old building.  



  • I enjoy internet glory.



  • My sister has said that my niece Blair has been sounding awfully sarcastic lately, which is apparently a quality she's picked up from her coolest aunt.
  • It was a bit of a blast from the past on Saturday as I ventured out to see Madchild.  It was quite the hip hop show, and I had an awesome time even though I was disappointed to see how much he relied on backing vocals.  I saw Swollen Members three times back in the day - time for a reunion show!



  • Some of that good company at the Madchild show.



  • I've been reading more lately, which is kind of surprising given how much reading I have to do for school right now.  It's been nice to carve out a little time here and there to read even just a chapter or two.  Right now I'm reading Voodoo Heart, by Scott Snyder.  The name might sound familiar if you're a Batman fan as he's been the man in charge of the Batman title.  This collection of short stories has been a real delight though - I love the way he crafts his stories.  And yes, I will often take a picture of a passage in a book that really resonates with me.

  • I finally got caught up on Scream Queens over the weekend and am completely in love with it.  I also watched the first episode of American Horror Story: Hotel and really enjoyed it.  It's pretty wild, but I thought the introduction sequence of Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer's characters was just awesome, especially with that She Wants Revenge song.

Hope you all have lots of leftovers to get you through this week, friends!


No comments: