- I was doing my usual wandering at Value Village on Friday when I came across a veritably slew of Malta souvenirs. I'm sure most people would pass them over, but I knew my favourite Maltan (Maltian? Maltese? Maltini?) Jenn would love them! I grabbed her this little ceramic trinket box and a weird wall hanging thing - along with some brass giraffes and vintage Disney ashtrays for me!
- The birthday festivities were kicked off last Thursday by going to see Gob at Call the Office. I haven't seen them perform since 2001 so it was a real blast from the past. I had an awesome time singing along way too loudly and bouncing around. I may have been wearing a blazer, but I was a little punk at heart.
- Mom and I took the kids out for StorySpook Gardens at Storybook Gardens on the weekend and it was awesome! I was really impressed at how they turned everything into a not-too-spooky Halloween theme for the kids. We lucked out with a super warm night on Saturday and managed to be there for a window of time where it didn't rain. The volunteers were all wonderful with the kids - I really recommend it. As an aside - don't you think it's should be Spookybook and not Storyspook? I get what they're going for with the -ook, but "spook" and "book" have different sounds, so I feel like Spookybook flows a bit better. End of aside.
- Kate Spade is selling furniture now. In related news, I need thousands of extra dollars.
- What does it look like when you actually fall asleep in the midst of sending a text and it never actually gets sent?
- It was the Treehouse of Horror episode on the Simpsons last night, and even though I thought the overall episode was only so-so (as they so often are anymore), the opening couch gag by Ren & Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi was AMAZING. You can find it here.
- Friday night was Retromania night at the Hyland, which has quickly become one of my favourite outings of the month. I've been going pretty consistently since April. I love getting see weird old movies on the big screen, and it's always a crowd of cool people there. This month I ended up dragging my dude out to make it a double feature with Goodnight Mommy and then the retro showing of Mulholland Drive. It was quite the cinema mindfuck of a night.
- I'm a sucker for Instagram sales - especially when they're selling weirdo vintage items like sticker cards from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- I finished watching Scrubs as my background noise/sleepy time show and have moved on to That 70s Show. It's been so funny looking back on it - I loved that show in high school. While watching it last night I even noticed a recipe box in the Foreman kitchen that also happens to reside in my kitchen. Clearly, Kitty Foreman has phenomenal taste.
Happy (and safe!) Halloween, everybody!