Here's the treats from our very busy week.
- Jenn and I went to see Modest Mouse on Thursday night and it was an awesome, albeit long, show! Neither of us had ever seen them before and I was so pleased to see all the instruments they had out on stage with them. No backing tracks here - they had violins, trumpets, banjos, I think I saw a standing bass up there too. It was quite the hipster parade at the show too - I've never seen so many beards in all my life.
- The students are back in town, which meant my post-concert stop at the McDonalds at Oxford and Wharncliffe was more interesting than usual. Not only did I see a public couple fight (my favourite!) but I saw a public couple fight where the couple in question were wearing matching plaid shirts. Western students are just the gift that keeps on giving.
- I picked up my new car on Thursday after picking it out on Tuesday with my dad. It was a bit of a whirlwind, but I'm so glad I finally got around to getting something new and safe. It has lots of fun features (Backup camera! Heated seats! It reads my texts to me!) and I was really pleased with the service at McDonnell Ford in Strathroy. The more I look at it, the more I wanted it tinted though! Hopefully for my birthday! I haven't had it on any long drives yet - I am easily convinced of a roadtrip right now!
- After going for a drive in the new car with my brother Matt, we were heading back to the dealership to pick up his truck. Just as we were about to pull in, "Foxy Lady" came on the radio. I took it as a sign that my Foxy Focus was happy that I had a new ride.
- So far my classes seem really great. Everyone in the program seems normal and nice, which is good since there's only about 19 of us total. The instructors are very understanding and approachable, and the workload seems very doable. Ask me again in about six weeks though, I might be eating these words.
- Oh what's this? A little prime rib for Sunday dinner at mom's? Yes, give me all of it please.
- Vivian and I had a nice chill day on Saturday after being on the go all week. We went to Graphic Novel Group and out for lunch, then headed down to the river to play in the park and check out the ducks and the fountain. The weather was so perfect and fall-y, it was so nice to just be outside and enjoy some time together. After our little downtown outing, we went to Old Navy and Vivian insisted on having her picture taken with the mannequins - while holding her new Groot toy.
That's all for treats this week - I have to focus on my So You Think You Can Dance Finale!