Monday, 28 September 2015

Treats of the Week - All the Things

This past weekend was one of those weekends where is seems like EVERYTHING is happening.  I feel like it happens once a season - there is one weekend that comes along that it just chock-full of events and things to do.  I did my best to attend as much as I could, and it was an awesome, if exhausting, time!


  • Much of the weekend was spent at the London Comic Con which was a great time.  I have to admit, my expectations were pretty low, but it turned out to be a really great weekend with awesome guests and vendors and a great set up.  Vivian came out for the day on Saturday and loved it, and I even had a friend come up from the States to check it out.  Of course the cherry on top was the fact that cartoon me made an appearance on the cover of the program thanks to the lovely and talented Dustin Adrian.  That's me on the right - the Furiosa cosplayer.  There's still more comicon fun to be had in October when Forest City ComiCon rolls into town!


  • Saturday was also My Dundas - a street festival designed to gauge whether or not Dundas Street between Richmond and Talbot should be used as a pedestrian festival space on a regular basis.  It was a great little festival - Vivian wandered around in all her Princess Leia glory while we checked out crafts, food trucks,  face painting, drew in the street with chalk, and built elaborate thrones out of milk crates.  I sincerely hope they keep it up next summer!



  • This past weekend was also one of my favourite events - Doors Open.  Every year, Doors Open London gives people a chance to check out various buildings and locations around the city.  Mom and I took Vivian and Lucas out and we checked out the Middlesex County Court Building (my favourite building in the city), the First Hussars Museum, Eldon House, LPS Headquarters, and the Jet Aircraft Museum.  The kids had a great time, and mom and I really enjoyed ourselves too.  My favourite part at the Old Court was seeing the series of Ting comics they have hanging near the jail cells. 



  • Last week I mentioned how I was loving Oh Wonder and have been listening to them non-stop.  I even heard them playing at Starbucks the other day - it's funny how once you discover something all of a sudden it's all around you.
  • It was another successful evening of Retromania at the Hyland on Friday night too - the screening of True Romance might have started a little late for me, but it was awesome to see it on the big screen!
  • While eating in my car the other day disaster struck - something spilled and I was on my lunch break.  I was sure that I would have to go back to work with a massive food stain on me, but when I looked down I saw that the entire spill landed on my seatbelt strap.  They're not just for saving lives, but also for saving wardrobes.
  • Ever since moving to Strathroy I've wondered about this house.  It seemed so different from the other houses on the street, and I just knew it was a beauty in there.  I was so excited to see it was on the market so I could creep on some pictures and wasn't disappointed!  It was a further feather in my cap when I posted the listing on the Forest City Modern facebook group and people agreed with me!
  • I've been working my way through Scrubs on Netflix as my falling asleep show and was so pleased to hear them using a Say Anything song in the background of an episode.  I might just have to pull out my CDs now that I have a car with a CD player that actually works.


Enjoy that fall weather out there guys - with or without a Pumpkin Spiced Latte!

No comments: