Does anyone else feel like we've hit "that part" of the summer? You know the stage - where it seems like your weekends are all booked up and there's a million things going on so you start making plans for a few weeks from now and realize that it will be September soon and you're not ready for back to school and you start down a little panic spiral?
Maybe it's just that thing that August does, or the fact that I'm back to work and looking forward to a few days off next week for a little mini-vacation action, but all of a sudden summer seems to be launching into high gear. Bring on those treats.
- I always feel a little bit proud of myself when I try to follow a link at work and it gets blocked because it's "Tasteless".
- I spent most of the day yesterday in Sarnia checking out the speedboat races. It's pretty crazy to see how those things fly along the river, and we've got a sweet private area to watch them from. Vivian had a great time collecting rocks and I got to maintain my strike tan. Not too shabby.
- Jenn and I had another little visit to Earls on Friday evening. It's really the best. This time not only did we have a waiter who was so pretty I wanted to cry, but he also made our guac at the table for us. There's a tip for you - when you get a super hot server, order something they have to make for you at the table so you can openly stare at them a little longer. This picture doesn't even do him justice, it was ridiculous.
- I love these little Portuguese tarts - especially when they get left on my desk for me.
- So I had a little bit of a splurge and went to the Samsonite Factory Outlet in Stratford to get myself a real grownup bag. I'm under the gun on a deadline for a transcript (because I'm a terrible procrastinator) so I've been hiding out in coffee shops and libraries to try and force myself to get it done. Having a fancy new bag definitely makes things a little easier. It has so many compartments, and that leather is stupid soft. It's one of those things that I'l have forever so I don't mind spending a little money on it now.
- Canadian graffiti. So edgy and political.
- It was house party time on Saturday night and we obviously had the best hosts for setting this bar up for us. It looked significantly different by the end of the night.
- Speaking of the end of the night, drunken walks through downtown to get poutine are the best kind.
Go get your treats this week - and get some guac made in front of you because it's amazing.