Thursday, 6 August 2015

Outfit of the Day - Denim Cardigan

I'm getting back into the swing of dressing for work again, so hopefully I'll have some new outfits posts!

A few weeks ago Jenn and I went shopping so she could get a denim jacket.  Now, she already had a denim jacket but it was one that was meant to be worn as an actual jacket, with room for a hoodie underneath.  She liked my denim jacket though, which I bought a little on the small side so I could use it over dresses and stuff.  She ended up buying the exact same jacket as the one she already had, only in a smaller size.  It seemed a little silly, but I pointed out that it isn't really a jacket anymore, but more of a denim cardigan.  We both agreed that that is definitely a thing.

So for an outfit this week I did the whole denim cardigan thing.  It works really well for me since it's generally cold in my office.  This keeps me nice and warm but still somewhat pulled together.  It's also a nice way for me to wear tank tops that I wouldn't generally wear to work.  Hide them shoulders under a denim cardigan!


Also, I'm trying to figure out another place to take outfit pictures since Vivian has covered her closet doors with pictures.  Apparently setting a mirror up like this in my office makes a crazy good angle, so I'm just going to go ahead and accept it as my new reality.


I am totally digging the denim cardigan thing though - and I think the rolled up sleeves help to make it seem like I'm intending on wearing it inside.  At least that's what I tell myself.  I think it makes the whole thing look a little more put together.  Denim cardigans, yo.  You need one in your life.

Denim Cardigan - Banana Republic
Tank - Old Navy
Skirt - Smart Set
Shoes (I just had to mix leopard print in there.  Power clashing forever!) - Target
Necklace - House of Wenday


No comments: