Thursday, 2 July 2015

Very Vivian - Summer Vacation

It seems like it's been quite some time since I've written a "Very Vivian" post, not because I haven't had anything to say but because she's been so busy!  Now that we've finished up with school and dance, we have been able to take a few days to catch our breath!  As much I love having her busy with activities, it's nice to have a couple of weeks without them!

I'm so happy with how her first year of school went.  Even though we had some days of "I don't want to go to school" by the end she seemed to really be loving it, and she's changed so much in a year!  She speaks so clearly now, and it's so funny to hear her talk through things and make her little jokes.  I love seeing how social she is too - kids seem to really be drawn to her and she always seems to play with everyone.



This summer we have a couple of sessions of swimming lessons lined up, which should keep us pretty busy.  She has just been dying to get into that pool - I love when we have the 5:30 p.m. lessons too, it really helps the evening go by quickly!  After all the swimming we will hopefully do a few days of Circus Camp through her dance school.  Ever since the dance recital a last week she's been talking about how much she loves to be on the stage - I think she's really going to miss dance lessons this summer!



Beyond that, we have Sunday night sleepovers at Grandma's house every week and then she goes to the Best Start program in Grand Bend with Lucas and Blair and my mom's foster kids.  I don't know what it is about Best Start, but Vivian goes crazy for that place.  She loves it.  In fact, most of the fights we had about school this year were because she wanted to go to Best Start every day instead of going to school.  She's a weird kid.

September will be bringing a lot of changes as we will be starting at our new French Immersion school.  I'm so excited for her to start there - I think she will really do well with the French program.

She's heading up for some cottaging with her dad this weekend, and hopefully she and I can have a little vacation at some point this summer too - maybe to the aquarium in Toronto or just to Niagara Falls for the weekend.  The damn strike has made it a little hard to make plans, but I'm sure we will find something fun to do.

It is nice to have those quiet days though - we both seem to enjoy our time just lounging around the house and colouring and watching Netflix!  A girl after my own heart.

No comments: