Monday, 13 July 2015

Treats of the Week - Serendipitous Port-a-Potty

It was a funny thing this week, guys.  I thought the week had been pretty crappy - my mood was sour because of the strike, the weather was hot and gross, things just didn't seem to be going my way.  Then I go to write the blog tonight and realize that I've kept track of so many awesome treats from this past week.  That right there, my friends, is why I do this.  Even in the rough times you can always find some treats to make you feel better.  Onward and upward.


  • Standing in my beloved Lake Huron on a hot Saturday afternoon.



  • On Tuesday I headed out to Sarnia to drop off some paperwork, and decided to meander into the mall while I was there.  It was one of those rare times when I didn't have to rush home for Vivian or anything, so I just wanted to wander.  Sometimes I like being somewhere unexpected like that and be kind of off the grid.  I like that feeling of no one really knowing where I am.  So of course that was when I bump into my friend Amanda and her daughter - on Amanda's birthday, no less!  It made for an extra-lovely evening.
  • I don't know if you can tell, but that shirt says "Don't believe in humans" and I need it.


  • I needed this shirt so much that I went ahead and ordered one for me and one for Miss V!  Rebel alliance indeed.



  • I have been basking in the glow of Shark Week, and it is only reinforcing my dream of going cage diving in South Africa.
  • I got a snack at Tim Horton's today while picketing and the dude working gave me an extra oatmeal raisin cookie.  He said it was because one was a little bit broken, but I choose to believe it was because I'm pretty.
  • I saw a woman at the grocery store with an amazing Tim Burton-themed tattoo sleeve.
  • I went to Sunfest on Sunday and finally got my Lake Huron shirt from Illbury + Goose, along with this cute necklace and earrings from Hen Jewelry.  Yay for supporting small business!




  • Berkeley Breathed has returned with a Bloom County comic strip for the first time in 25 years and I couldn't be more excited!  I have the first three volumes of the Bloom County collection, and had an Opus and Bill the Cat day planner in grade nine that I loved dearly (how many nerd points do I score for that one?)
  • So Vivian and I were driving out to mom's place on Sunday when I get the "Mommy, I need to go to the bathroom".  We're out in the middle of nowhere, so I tell her she's going to have to either hold it or go on the side of the road.  I'm about to pull over and endure the breakdown that is sure to come from telling her to pee on the side of the road when I spy a freaking port-a-potty just off the road, presumably for the nearby construction project.  It was like the heavens had parted and gave me a bathroom, it was amazing.  (It's right at Keyser Road and Townsend Line if anyone else runs into the same problem!)
  • I was doing my best all weekend to keep up with the San Diego ComiCon news, but there's just so much!  For now I've been watching the new trailers on repeat - even though apparently I have to wait another three weeks for the HD Deadpool trailer, lame.  Check out this beautiful behind the scene trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII, the Suicide Squad trailer (yay for HD release!), a crappy bootleg version of Deadpool, also for X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, and the new Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer.  Seriously - could not be more excited for the things to come - that Star Wars behind the scenes trailer gives me all the feels.
  • Oh yeah and hey, I'm still picketing this week (week 8, yo!) so I made a new shirt this morning.  I need to amuse  myself somehow, apparently cheap tank tops and Sharpies are the way to go.


Keep those positive vibes going, guys.  Just when you think you will have to metaphorically pee on the side of the road, a metaphorical port-a-potty could appear.  Or literal, whatever.

No comments: