Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Ask And You Just Might Receive

Remember how last week I had mentioned that I loved this Kate Radomski menu from Earls?  I love how Earls changes up the art on their menus pretty frequently by commissioning work from different artists.  Little details like that really help me enjoy a place.  I liked the Kate Radomski one so much that I contemplated stealing it, then settled for checking out her website later on.  I was hoping to be able to order a print, but didn't see it anywhere on her website.  Luckily, the interwebs came to my rescue.  I posted the picture on Instagram and tagged Earls in the picture saying how much I liked it and asking if there was any way I could purchase one.  To my delight I got a reply saying they were so glad I liked the menu and if I wanted one to email them.

I fired off my email and quickly got a reply from their social media coordinator who said he would be happy to send me a copy of the menu.  Not only that, he would try to find me one that didn't have the menu printed on the back, just a fresh copy just for me!  I was blown away by the customer service.  The next day he said he had located one and would send it right out to me.

I was expecting just some envelope in the mail in about a week, but instead this FedEx box showed up at my door.


Inside he had packaged my menu by securing it between a couple of pieces of cardboard and even swaddled the damn thing in bubble wrap.


And there it is - a copy of my very own!  I love it, it's so vibrant and fun.  I can't wait to get a nice frame for it and find just the right spot for it.


Needless to say, I'm pretty blown away.  It was such a nice surprise that they even offered to send me a copy, and then to go the extra mile and ship it priority overnight and so lovingly packaged?  It's pretty safe to say that I have a new favourite restaurant.

No comments: