In other news...
- The picket line is made marginally better by listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. If you're looking to really dig into a podcast, this is a great one. I'm listening to his six-part series "Blueprint to Armageddon". If you want to try out something smaller, start with "Prophets of Doom".
- Mom had carpal tunnel surgery on one of her wrists on Thursday, and I'm so pleased that it went well - especially since I'll probably have to have the same surgery at some point. I was worried she would be out of commission with it, but she seems to be doing really well.
- I had pre-ordered the new Chuck Palahniuk book, "Make Something Up" a couple of weeks ago, so it was a nice little present to myself when it arrived in the mail this week. Even better - it arrived the day that the first issue of Fight Club 2 was released. It's quite the Palahniuk-fest around here.
- In other book news, I was browsing on Amazon today (I don't know why because I have no money because strike) and saw that Mark Z. Danielewski has a new book which was just released on May 12th. Not only is it a new book, but it's Volume 1 of a series of 27!!! If you've never read any MZD, you should give it a shot. His writing is like nothing else - it's a challenging, all-encompassing experience. I can't imagine what he has in store for 27 volumes.
- So I've decided that there needs to be a gender-swapped version of Death Becomes Her. I'll be shopping this idea around Hollywood and will probably be rich and famous soon, so it's been nice knowing you all.
- There was a bit of a shindig on Saturday night, and it was exactly what I needed. Cool people, sombreros, and far too many beverages.
- I went for dinner on Friday to Olive R. Twists in London. Not only did I appreciate the clever title, but I also appreciated the double pickle spears with my sandwich.
- I told my mom that the union was having a rally on Friday, to which she immediately responded with, "A wowwie?" In case you ever wondered where I get my habit of randomly quoting movies.
- I saw this vehicle the other day and was amused and impressed with their use of those ubiquitous and often obnoxious stick figure family stickers.
- Hello Holiday have been sold out of their Babe-o-Saurus clutch for what seems like ages. I've been patiently stalking the site waiting for them to restock, so when I saw this post on Instagram that they had ONE in stock, I was all up in it. Strike be damned, I'm getting a purse shaped like a dinosaur because I'm an ADULT.
I'll be on the picket line at my work, 824 Dundas Street, every day this week from 8am-12pm so if you're in the area, come by and say hi! It really helps to pass the time. You don't even have to bring me a coffee, but it would be a whole lot cooler if you did.