Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Strathroy Antique Mall Wandering

Summertime means lots of wandering for me - I did a tour through the Strathroy Antique Mall the other day, and even though I didn't buy anything I took lots of pictures for you guys!

I already mentioned this vintage tin dollhouse - I'm still thinking about going back for it, it was $45 if I remember correctly.


I have a fondness for Pepsi memorabilia, if only because Coke stuff is so pervasive.  This old fountain machine was pretty awesome - although I'm not sure how functional it would be and it's quite a gamble at $295.


I loved this vintage view of London, but couldn't find a price on it.


Ooh, hello little vintage mailboxes.  You should come home with me, but you were $595 so probably not.


I do love a flamingo, even though they're pretty trendy right now.  I really wanted one of these flamingo things but they were all so pricey for what they were.  The print was $49, which isn't terrible but the colours were too washed out for me.  


Then these little guys were $19 each and I thought they were a little meh for that.


This was pretty exciting - I'd never come across some real Catherineholm cookware and was seriously tempted by this bad boy, but at $79 I couldn't do it.


Now you guys know how I feel about vintage crates, but I had never seen a vintage banana crate before.  This thing was massive - hopefully you can get a sense of scale from the items in front of it.  It looked like it was in really good condition too.  It was $249 though, and I hadn't a clue as to what I might do with it.


Ah the pulldown map.  This was in pretty great condition - and as luck would have it I saw another one just like this at the Forest City Flea.  This one was $95.


I know, again with the crates.  But an explosives case?  Much cooler than my apple crates.  $49 for this one - just for reference, I got 30 of my apple crates for $100.


I know I've taken a picture of this before, but I just can't resist anything that features that Middlesex Courthouse.  Although, now that I look at it, that flagpole seems oddly tall.  I think this one was like $150.


How adorable is this little case?  It has sleeves for the records inside and I just love the graphic on it.  $15 for this, but no idea what I would do with it.  I suppose you could tear out the dividers and use it as a purse if you didn't want to store records in it.



I loved these nursery rhyme prints - they were just so charming and colourful.  They were $20 each, which isn't bad at all, but just not something I could justify for my own amusement.




Full disclosure - I've never been to Mother's Pizza, but I know that people go crazy for it so this crate amused me.  $25 would make it yours.


I was sad that I didn't leave with any new treasures, but sometimes it's just as much fun to take pictures to share with you guys.  Lots of time left this summer for treasure hunting!

No comments: