Monday, 25 May 2015

Treats of the Week - Strike!

So I'm on strike.  And it's super weird and frustrating and scary and uncertain.  I had to report for picket duty this morning at 8am and have a couple of other picketing shifts this week.  I don't deal well with uncertainty.  If I knew how long this was going to last I would be much more at ease with things.  Hopefully it's only for a week or two, but time will tell.  And just to add a little extra fun to things I seem to be coming down with some sort of bizarre flu deal.  You know, something perfect for walking around outside for three hours at a time.  Ugh.

Treats are definitely needed to try and maintain some sort of positive outlook, my friends.



  • Truth - I bought this wine just so I could make the joke that Honey Badger wine is for when you don't give a shit.  It's not very good wine, but it made for a good Instagram.


  • At the mall the other day I saw a woman chase down a trio of teenage boys because one of them dropped $15.  There are still good people out there.
  • I've started rewatching 3rd Rock From the Sun on Netflix as my new falling asleep show.  Oh young Joseph Gordon Levitt.  I had such a big crush on him when the show was on, it's so comforting to know that he turned out to be so awesome.
  • I've been wanting a different kitchen table for ages.  The little round one just wasn't working.  So when I found this adorable vintage pink table from Back to the Fuchsia, I couldn't resist.  Love it!



  • Got my first pizza of the year from Oh Pizza! in Port Franks!  there is nothing better.



  • I know I post this every year, but I am obsessed with my mom's lilacs.  They are such a rich, deep purple and are so fragrant.  I almost feel bad cutting them because it just looks so pretty.


  • Yes, I'm still obsessed with Mad Max: Fury Road.  But maybe I love Mad Max: Furry Road even more.  Impurrator Furriosa, anyone?



  • This is a product that actually exists, and I clearly need it.



  • It's always nice when you loan your external hard drive to a coworker and they completely understand you.


Have a great week, guys!  If you're out on Exeter Road in London I'll be picketing at EROC on Tuesday and Thursday from 8am-11am!

No comments: