Holy crap, I have a sunburn! And it's awesome. As much as sunburns are the worst, it's always kind of nice to get that first one. That first sweet, sweet burn of Vitamin D. It has been a lovely week, and an even lovelier weekend, my friends. Treats? I think so.
- I went to Burrito Boyz for the first time (I went for burritos twice this week. I regret nothing.) and they might be my new favourite burrito place if only because you don't have to pay extra for guacamole.
- Why yes, I'm mature enough that I take screencaps when someone tells me I'm right. Sweet vindication, indeed.
- I tried out some local beer from the Strathroy Brewing Company and was quite pleased! I like supporting local business when I can, and the fact that I could mix and match my own little 12 pack was even better!
- I finally got my first pair of prescription sunglasses and they are awesome! It made it so much easier to be out and about all day on Saturday without my contacts making me crazy. Even better? The case is adorable - loved those Kate Spade details.
- Yes, indeed it was Free Comic Book Day on Saturday! It's been a couple of years since I've made it out and I'm so glad I got to hang out with a great group of friends and enjoy the nice weather! I picked up lots of great new books - including the one I really wanted, the preview to the Fight Club sequel (first issue of Fight Club 2 comes out May 27th - can't wait!). If you've never been out for FCBD, you should make an effort next year. London does an awesome job of including all of downtown and making it a huge event. You can hang out with me, I will make it even more fun.
- Who else got to enjoy FCBD? Why the cutest little Wonder Woman in all the land!
- So this is a thing that exists in the world. And I ate some. And it is an unholy combination of meats and cheese and I think I liked it too much.
- Vacillating between crippling self-doubt and obscene amounts of self-confidence is pretty much how I live. So this handy little Venn diagram really spoke to me. (Also, you do not want to know how often I screencap things from Instagram.)
- I wandered around Chapters on Friday night and bought a book I had been eyeing up from the bargain section - The Invention of Murder: How the Victorians Revelled in Death and Detection and Created Modern Crime. Because, yeah, nerd alert. When I took it up to the checkout (it was only $5!) I had the sweetest little old woman cashier. She was so excited about my book - she just had to know where I found it. She had a whole system in place for remembering books to go find. After my receipt had printed, she printed a second copy for herself, tore off the bottom section with my banking information on it and just retained the top part with the title and ISBN. She then very carefully recorded where I specifically found it ("Was it on a table in the bargain section or on a shelf? Which section?") and popped it in her pocket. She told me she doesn't get a paycheque because of all the books she gets and I absolutely believe her.
- I went to see Avengers: Age of Ulton on Saturday (because again, nerd). It was good, but not great. There were a lot of elements I really enjoyed (Vision was awesome, and I loved the running bit about Thor's hammer) but overall it felt a little too long and like there was a little too much going on. I might have had a hard time with it since I also rewatched the first Avengers the night before. Still, it was a great night and was made even more fun by the outing for shawarma beforehand. Because obviously.
|Hi, I ordered my shawarma wrong and ended up with a platter of food instead of a convenient wrap.|
- All of this lovely weather meant that it was time to cut the grass on Sunday. I might hate the chore of cutting the grass but it beats the hell out of shovelling.
- An adventure out to Call the Office last night (yes, I went out on a Sunday night. Today was rough.) was an awesome time with awesome people, but it was made even more special because I found the Fight Club haiku written in the bathroom stall. It really is the little things.
Have a treat-filled week, guys!