Monday, 18 May 2015

Treats of the Week - May 2-4

Hello, friends!  It's been a delightful long weekend, capped off by a very long day spent with five small children at African Lion Safari.  Therefore, it is 8:30 and I am in bed typing this up with a beer by my side and will no doubt be asleep in the next hour.


  • Our trip to African Lion Safari went really well - the kids had a blast, our timing was pretty much perfect, and the weather was awesome.  I rode one of the elephants with the kids, but mom dropped the ball on getting our picture.  So long, precious memories.


  • The big news in London this week is IKEA and DSW are coming to town!  I'm so excited for the IKEA in town, even though it's just going to be an online pickup location.  There's so many times that I want to just get something small from IKEA (usually picture frames or something) but don't want to make the trip all the way to Burlington to get one. 
  • I went to see Mad Max: Fury Road not once, but twice.  And I would go again in a heartbeat.  This movie is two hours of the most beautiful chaos I have ever seen.  Go see it, immediately.  I'll go with you.
  • I feel like I could talk about Inside Amy Schumer every week, because it's just that great.  This week's episode included Bill Hader though, which really upped the hilarious ante.
  • I may have impulsively bought this tote bag from The Bloggess.


  • Last night we said goodbye to Mad Men, and I thought it was such an elegant and perfect sendoff.  I need to rewatch it to really unpack it, but I was so pleased to see so many of my favourites find their happy endings.  
  • When I first got CraveTV I was super disappointed that it wasn't set up to be able to work with the Chromecast - so I was irrationally excited when I opened it this weekend and saw they'd updated it to be able to cast!  Bring on the Deadwood marathon!
  • There are lilacs everywhere and it makes me exceptionally happy.
  • Gatherings that include drinking outside, impromptu dance parties, and Scattergories?  Bring it on.
  • I'm always a fan of seeing strange and unusual movies ("I myself am strange and unusual") and this weekend's viewing of Phantom of the Paradise definitely fit the bill.
  • Why yes I will take a picture whenever I see a Tesla around town.  That's what all the coolest people do, right?


That's all for today, guys!  Wish me luck - by this time next week I could be on strike!

No comments: