Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Outfit of the Day - Paul Newman


A couple of weeks ago, my favourite vintage shop - Lovesick - closed its downtown London location.  Before she closed up shop I stopped in a couple of times and managed to find some treasures.  One of my final purchases from her wasn't even vintage, but a handmade Paul Newman necklace.  She had a bunch of necklaces featuring different celebrities and I wanted to get some more when I went back but she had already packed them up.  Apparently she will still be selling them once she gets her Etsy shop up and running though, so I'll be sure to pass along the info!

So why Paul Newman?  Paul Newman is not only one of the handsomest men to ever have existed, but he's also one of the finest human beings.  A wonderful, talented actor who was devoted to the same woman for 50 years and purveyor of fine salad dressings where 100% of the proceeds go to charity.  Yes, Paul Newman was one of the good ones.  So I am more than happy to wear an image of young Paul around my neck.

I've worn it a few times, and I love seeing people try to figure out who is on the necklace.  I mean, people tend to look at my boobs anyway so they might as well be looking at a necklace.  I wore it like this the other day to work to dress up an otherwise pretty ordinary and comfy outfit.


Those Seychelles shoes are worth their weight in gold, by the way.  I wear them a few times a week and they are so freaking comfortable and go with everything!






And the man himself.  I mean, come on.


Necklace - Lovesick
Cardigan - Old Navy
Tank - Joe Fresh
Skirt - Old Navy
Shoes - Seychelles 

No comments: