Monday, 20 April 2015

Treats of the Week - Tattoos, DMX, and Movie Trailers

I seem to have survived that sinus infection/truck that ran me over last week.  It was a rough week, I'm not going to lie.  Luckily, it seemed to have turned around with a pretty great weekend that felt like the first weekend of the summer in a weird way.  The weather was beautiful, and I ended up with lots of awesome plans with friends that led to some good times and late nights.  Bring it on, summer.

TREATS!

  • As all you Facebook/Instagram friends know, I got my tattoo on thursday.  I love it, I'm super happy with it.  Mom has always wanted us kids to get hawk tattoos and I'm thrilled with how mine turned out.  It's healing up pretty nicely - really peeling today though.  I'm trying not to pick at it, but it's oh so tempting.  Peeling skin always reminds me of that scene in The Craft when Neve Campbell's characters scars go away.  Anyone else?  No?  Just me?  Figures.  I think I'll do a separate post about the tattoo and the artist since I was so happy with how it went.  Already planning the next one!

  • I haven't found any myself (damn, Strathroy Superstore!  Why you gotta play me like that?) but I have heard that pink grapes are out in stores!  My favourite spring/early summer treat - can't wait to get my hands on some!
  • I made it out to Graphic Novel Group this week for the first time in ages.  It was so nice to get to see everyone again and hang out for a nice lunch afterwards!
  • I love sharing fun things with people.  If we text then you are sure to get nerdy blasts of information about movie trailers that have been released, funny gifs, things to buy, people to follow.  Not only did I get to tell Jenn about the amazingness that is Jerry Melo, but I got to see her reaction when she checked out his Instagram.  I most definitely recommend it.


  • Speaking of movie trailers, it's been a crazy week with the release of the new Star Wars trailer, the trailer for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Fantastic Four, and now Jurassic World.  It's going to be a crazy summer for trailers and movies!
  • Jenn and I went to see Purple Rain on Friday night at The Hyland's Retromania.  It was a blast - I had never seen it before so it was quite the rollercoaster of emotions, complete with purple glow sticks.
  • I finally caved and got myself a pair of Chucks since I was being mocked constantly for my Converse One Stars.  Bunch of jerks.

  • Jenn and I also deemed Friday, April 17th to be DMX Appreciation Day.  I highly recommend that you make any day a DMX Appreciation Day.  I would be prepared to see more random days like this in the future.
  • That plaid dress that I impulsively purchased arrived and it is AMAZING.  It fits so well, and it even has pockets!  I can't wait to bust it out.
  • I made a trip in to my favourite vintage clothing shop, Lovesick, the other day.  She's closing her doors - this is the last week.  So if you want something, you'd better make it in!  I got a hipsterrific bag, plus some cool jewellery.  Obviously I needed a necklace with young Paul Newman on it.
  • You guys - I took a legit nap on Saturday.  I never nap.  But after a very late Friday night, it was necessary.  I set an alarm, turned off the ringer on my phone, took off my pants and got into bed.  No Netflix, no nothing.  Just went to sleep for an hour.  IT WAS GLORIOUS.
  • Mad Men is 3 episodes in out of the final seven.  I'm not ready for it to end!  I loved the final line of this week's episode when the realtor tells Don, "Now we just need to find a place for you."  Oh Mad Men, always with those loaded lines!
Have a week, everyone!  I'm off to try and finish my book for tomorrow's book club meeting!  Always the procrastinator!






No comments: