"I need a win" is a phrase I use often. It's not one that I particularly enjoy using, because I try not to be the kind of person who wallows or is generally pessimistic. But sometimes things get you down and you just need a win. You guys, I got a win. After applying three times, I was finally selected as one of the City of London sponsored employees for Western's Diploma in Public Administration program. It was something I really wanted - not only because I love school and would love to go back full-time, but also because I've been discouraged at work lately and really wanted to feel like the corporation was supporting me and wanted to see me do well and go far with them. This is the win that I needed - made even sweeter by the fact that there is a lot of upheaval on the horizon for my workplace and this is going to be something that should help me weather the storm ahead. So yay me! Also, this gives me the perfect excuse to start looking for a super cute new laptop bag and to start buying up all those awesome Kate Spade office accessories I love so much.
And now, friends, here's the other treats from this week!
- After working a court in Stratford I decided to swing by their Maurices. When I went to change room I stopped in my tracks when I saw that my sales lady had written my name correctly on the door without me telling her. When I asked her after what made her go with the I-E spelling she said she was about to do E-Y and just felt like doing something different. Obviously I told her she's a psychic and that she made my day and bought a whole bunch of things.
- My favourite vintage clothing shop, Lovesick, closed this past week. She's going to have an Etsy store soon though, so she's not gone for good! While things were all marked down to 50% off I finally scored a Samsonite train case of my very own! I gave it to Vivian for some of her little toys, but I just might have to steal it back!
- Since I finally got my passport renewed, a trip to the States was in order with my friend Amanda. Our adventures across the border are always interesting and this one was no different. Dinner at Olive Garden, wandering the mall and Target, a quick run through Barnes & Noble and Kohl's, followed by some late night grocery shopping at Meijer. We can accomplish a lot in a very short amount of time, and it's so nice for us to get out without all the kids in tow! Needles to say I'm now happily stocked with all kinds of yummy foods from 'Murica.
- All of that Tahiti Treat was courtesy of another friend, Dawn, who was kind enough to grab me five 2 liter bottles the last time she went to the States! I have decided that I will drink it all with Malibu Rum, because I'm a grown up.
- Also in the States I finally got the maroon Chucks over which I had been obsessing. It only makes sense that I would find them a week after I had accepted that I wouldn't be able to get them and got grey ones instead. Such is life.
- The Jared Leto Joker has been revealed and while I wasn't crazy about it at first, I'm warming up to the idea more and more. I guess it boils down to the fact that I really like that Ayers is going in such a different direction with the character. And if that is the look that he was going for, then Leto was perfectly cast. I reserve judgment until I hear the voice/laugh though!
- I love following artists on Instagram, and Gemma Correll always makes me smile. (P.S. - my phone was at 100% at 10:53 a.m.? I clearly must have just gotten out of bed.)
- I got this awesome rolling cart in the States for Vivian and I love it! I totally started a whole reorganizing/purging domino effect too, which is much needed this time of year!
- I actually made it outside to do some yard work this past weekend, and even though I'm not a big fan of yard work (like, at all) it was really nice to just be outside, even if it was to rake. It looks like I'll be doing a lot more of it soon though - probably going to have to start cutting the grass next weekend!
- I got a couple more things hung up on the old Wall O' Canadiana. It just makes me so happy having all those pretty things hanging up around me - especially since I'm spending more and more time in my home office these days!
- Before I even found out about my acceptance to the DPA program, I went a little notebook crazy at Chapters on book club night. I mean, who can resist cute notebooks, especially when they're on clearance? Maybe I didn't need all of them, but dammit if they don't make me happy to see them sitting on my desk. I probably need some pretty new pens to go with them now though...
I think that's it for this week, guys! It was another dumb week where I didn't take notes as the week went along so I was relying on the evidence in my phone! This week is going to be exciting and treat-tastic though - it's Free Comic Book Day on Saturday and I hope to see lots of you out and about! The weather is supposed to be beautiful and the nerds will be out in full force!
Hope you all get a win this week, guys!