Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Summer Movies 2015

This weekend kicks off the Summer Blockbuster season and I am ready to be at the movies as often as possible!  Because, you know, if plans don't involve movies or food or both I don't really know what to do with myself.

So, here's a list of the movies I'm excited for this summer.  I tried to keep it to the big ones, since it's so hard to keep track of release dates with some of the smaller indie titles.  Here goes!

May 1 - Avengers: Age of Ultron - You'd better believe I already have my VIP tickets ready for this one!



May 1 - Welcome to Me - I hadn't heard of this one before I started putting this post together, but it looks pretty adorable.



May 15 - Mad Max: Fury Road - Oh man, my expectations are sky fucking high for this one.  Like I'm checking the showtimes multiple times a day just waiting for pre-sale tickets to go up for this.  If I could only see one movie this summer, it would be this one.



May 15 - Pitch Perfect 2 - And to balance out all of the Mad Max insanity, we have Pitch Perfect 2 coming out the same weekend!  Aca-awesome!



May 22 - Tomorrowland - Yes, it looks super weird.  Yes, I'm in.



May 22 - Poltergeist - I'm not a huge horror movie fan, but I do like them when they're well done.  I also enjoy anything with Sam Rockwell.



May 29 - Aloha - Oh I'm such a sucker for Cameron Crowe movies.



May 29 - San Andreas - Obviously I need to see The Rock save the world.



June 5 - Spy - Okay, bear with me.  It looks goofy, but the cast is great and I totally trust Paul Feig at the helm.



June 5 - Love and Mercy - Oh man, John Cusack and Paul Dano both playing Brian Wilson?  You'd better believe I'm into it.



June 12 - Jurassic World - YOU GUYS it's Chris Pratt and the Raptor Gang.  I want a Raptor Gang.



June 19 - Inside Out - This just looks all kinds of adorable.



June 26 - Ted 2 - What would summer be without brainless comedies?  There's something about hiding in a dark air conditioned theater and just turning off your brain for a little while.



July 1 - Terminator Genisys - This one could really go either way.  But Emilia Clarke looks like a complete and utter badass and THAT is totally worth the price of admission.



July 1 - Magic Mike XXL - Oh yes, there will be a girls night in order for this one.  I can't wait to see Joe Manganiello attempt to dance again.  And he will look so much worse compared to the all-mighty tWitch!



July 10 - Minions - Again, adorbs.  Gotta love movies for Vivian that I'm actually excited about seeing.



July 10 - Self/Less - I'm hoping this is good.  Something tells me it could go completely off the rails though.  Maybe it will be a good cheap drive-in movie?



July 17 - Ant-Man - I've been seeing a lot of predictions that this is actually going to be the better Marvel movie this summer.



July 17 - Trainwreck - All bow before Queen Amy Schumer as she brings Approachable Pretty to the world.  (For the record, I've been saying that I'm Approachable Pretty for years so she and I should probably just be best friends.)



July 17 - Mr. Holmes - I love Sherlock Holmes, in any incarnation.




July 24 - Pan - I'm on the fence with this one.  I love a good Peter Pan re-telling, and visually it looks pretty great, but I know there was a lot of controversy during production - especially concerning the casting of Rooney Mara as Tigerlily.



July 31 - Southpaw - That is one jacked up Jake Gyllenhaal.  He is such a wonderful actor - I really do appreciate his talent more and more with every movie.  I'm really looking forward to this one.




August 7 - The Fantastic Four - Yes, Marvel movie number three this summer.  It actually looks pretty great.  I'm really enjoying Miles Teller lately.



August 7 - Masterminds - I don't even know what to say about this one, but I know I want to see it.



August 14 - Straight Outta Compton - You had better believe I'm going to be digging out a Raiders jersey to wear to go see the most bio-pickiest biopic that has ever been made.  The trailer looks really over the top - but is it going to be over the top good, or over the top bad?



No comments: