Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Very Vivian - "I just want to say something"

It's only Tuesday and it's already been a rough week for Vivian's sleep habits.  Sunday night saw her passed out at 6:00 p.m. and then awake from midnight until 3:00 a.m.  This, of course, led to her being completely passed out after school on Monday and me having to wake her up at 6:00 p.m.  By 7:30 last night she asked to go to bed, but then was awake in her room until close to midnight.  She even popped into my room at around 11:30 asking for clips in her hair.


I was hoping that all of that would mean that we would be back on track tonight.  I picked her up from daycare and was told that she was weepy at the end of the day at school, but didn't fall asleep and was in a good mood at that point.  We got home and had dinner and coloured and played and had a nice evening.  Her bath was late, but by 8:30 it was time for her to get into bed.  That's when it started - "But I'm not tired."  "Well, that's too bad.  It's bedtime, you can watch a movie in your room or something until you're tired."  I know that she's tired - she has to be tired.  She rarely fights me at bedtime like this.

Soon enough it was a crying fit.  She wouldn't get into her bed.  She just wanted to stand in the middle of her room.  I turned out the lights, told her to do whatever she wanted and walked out of the room.  I had just settled on the couch and was listening to her crying down the hall, considering whether or not this was a good time for a beer (obviously it was) when I heard the door open and little footsteps down the hall.

"Mommy?  I just want to say something."  Her little voice still catching from her sobs.
"Yes, Vivian?  What is it?  You need to be in bed."
"I'm sorry, Mommy."

And that's how she suckers me into cuddling in bed with her while we watch YouTube videos.


No comments: