Monday, 16 March 2015

Treats of the Week - March Break

Oh hello March Break!  Hello week of not having to bother with packing lunches!  It's so nice to see you!  Sadly, I'm working all of March Break, but Vivian has lots of fun activities coming up.  It got started off with a bit of a rough weekend - my dad has been in the hospital, but should be home soon.  Nothing like some treats to make things a little brighter!

  • The biggest treat of this past week was finally going to see Amy Schumer in Windsor with Jenn!  We were completely spoiled with a room, tickets, and meals thanks to her lovely mom.  Hooray for gamblers!  Amy was amazing - I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!

  • It was so nice to have a night out and be fancy with my bestie - much needed!

  • I also loved the opener for the show - Mike Normand.  Something about his delivery just killed me.

  • Having someone fetch me a coffee first thing in the morning is always a welcome treat.
  • Vivian has gotten really into old music videos for some reason.  She's loving Spice Girls, MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Wham, Michael Jackson...girls's got taste.
  • Hearing an oddly upbeat song first thing in the morning.  This morning is was Britney Spears' Toxic at like 7:23 a.m.  Obviously it still needed to be cranked.
  • Being able to go to work today without wearing boots and carrying indoor shoes was definitely a treat.
  • While at the grocery store the other day a woman grabbed me to point out a crazy Nutella sale.  It made me laugh because it's exactly the kind of thing I would have done.
  • Kevin Smith has announced he's going to be doing a Mallrats 2 and I am beyond excited!
  • At long, long last, Vivian has mastered the fine art of pumping on a swing.  Finally I'll be able to sit on a bench and read instead of standing around pushing her for an hour at the park!



Have a great week, everyone!  Enjoy the melting snow!




No comments: