Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Outfit of the Day - Girl Gone Geek

I like bringing out my inner (well, it's pretty outer too) geek/nerd at the office.  I like the challenge of balancing the more casual stuff with my business casual self.  I think it brings more personality to my outfits and lets people know a little more about me.

The other day I had some training so I felt like I could go a little more casual than usual.  This isn't something I would typically wear if I was going to be in court for the day, but for off-site training it seemed fine!  Plus, someone recognized my shirt which always means bonus cool points to me.


I'm actually pretty iffy on this skirt.  It was an online order from Old Navy and it doesn't fit quite right - it's just a tad too big and I think it makes the shape a little weird.  I should try messing around with it and see if I can take it in a touch or something just to give it a better shape.  But, it's plaid so it gets a pass.  Because plaid.

The Hilarious House of Frightenstein shirt was one of those homemade wonders that I've been getting so much mileage out of - I definitely feel like pairing them with a cardigan or a blazer makes them more than office appropriate.

Had I been at work, I would have gone with dressier flats or heels just to kick things up a notch.  But again, sitting in training all day meant that it was a Converse kind of day.



Try it out - I maintain that any graphic tee can work for the office if you make the rest of the outfit pretty normal!

Cardigan - Joe Fresh
Tee - Old Navy with custom graphic
Skirt - Old Navy
Tights - Joe Fresh
Shoes - Converse


No comments: