Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Treats of the Week - Pancake Tuesday

Yeah, apparently today is Tuesday.  I realized too late yesterday that it was Monday (for some reason my head doesn't always process that long weekend = Mondays that feel like Sundays) so you get your treats on a Tuesday!  Between storms snowing me in, terrible drives, massive amounts of shovelling, and general freezing times I've about had it with the winter and am considering just hiding in bed for as much time as possible.  So here's a quick post so I can get back to bed!  Treats!

  • I have a little blurb in a magazine article, which was pretty exciting.  You can check it out here.
  • One of the MTO officers at work thought I needed a souvenir so he gave me this bolt with the worn threads since it wasn't needed as an exhibit.  Random, but that's what I live for.

  • Quiet times on a couch with my blanket and a coffee are always awesome.
  • I went to see Kingsman: The Secret Service on the weekend and it was pretty fun!  I was expecting cheesy fun and it delivered in that respect.  Plus, sexy Colin Firth.  There was one part at the end of the movie that bothered me, but it is slim pickings for theater movies this time of year so I will take what I can get!
  • While in court the other day, I had a justice of the peace who kept coughing and just couldn't quite clear his throat.  Since I'm so darn good at my job I dug around in my little case and handed him a package of Fisherman's Friend which please him so much that he actually uttered, "Madam Clerk, that was awesome" on record, therefore making it official for all time.
  • The SNL 40 special was pretty darn fantastic - I can't decide what was my favourite part, although I always love me some Sean Connery on Celebrity Jeopardy!
  • @hotdudesreading is an Instagram account that knows the goods.

That's about all my brain can handle for today, friends.  Have a week!




No comments: