Welcome to the cold dreariness that is January. Winter is back, work is back - treats are more necessary than ever.
- As much as it was nice to be off for the holidays, it will be nice to get back into a routine this week - if only to stop me from drinking coffee and snacking constantly throughout the day.
- New Year's Eve can be a bit of a crapshoot - I don't like making big plans because you're bound to be disappointed. A quiet night in worked just fine for me!
- I've been well under way on my resolution of doing some organizing. I even tackled my dark secret - I hoard cords and cables. I managed to sort through the massive drawer tower I had and got it down to a normal amount (did I really need that many audio visual cables? No.) My organizing has even spilled over to organizing shelves in a friend's house, which either makes me the best or the worst guest ever.
- It was so nice on January 2nd that Vivian and I took her bike to the park - never would have imagined we would have been able to do that after the winter we had last year!
- I've been killing it when it comes to TV watching (yes, that's something to be proud of). I burned through all of Black Mirror (it has changed my whole world - I would say that it's the best thing on television right now) and the first season of Orphan Black (amazing - love it!) as well as season 5 of Downton Abbey (oh the scandal!). It's just so much more efficient than watching shows week to week - I think I'm going to let my regular programming pile up a bit to work my way through a few more seasons of stuff. So much to watch, so little time.
- Vivian has a new favourite movie - The Nightmare Before Christmas. I also showed her The Princess Bride, although she dozed off partway through. Her nerd training is well under way.
- While watching The Princess Bride, we had this exchange - "See, Vivian? That's a real giant! And that guy is the voice of Rex from Toy Story!" Vivian, seeing Inigo, "Mommy, what's his name?" "Oh don't worry, honey, he will tell you his name."
- People steal my pens at work all the time - it never fails. Today I was going over some paperwork with a defendant and his friend and when the defendant almost walked off with my pen his friend told him, "Give the lady back her pen!" I don't know why, but it struck me as so funny.
- I'm a little obsessed with this set of brushes that I got Vivian for Christmas...to the point that I don't want her to use it because it just looks so pretty!
There's a gold medal game happening, folks! Go Canada Go!