Monday, 19 January 2015

Treats of the Week - Blue Monday

Today is Blue Monday - the most depressing day of the year.  The holidays are behind us, but the bills are here.  The weather is cold and miserable, and the next long weekend is so far away.  If you're like me, you're also coming off of a terrible week which included a compromised bank account (so glad that someone else decided to spend a bunch of my money at an online gaming site), a forgotten purse, getting stuck at work until 5:30 p.m., and some god-awful viral illness that had me sleeping away two days while my throat closed up.  So that was fun.

Before getting into the silver linings that made the week tolerable, here's some New Order for you.


And here's the version by Orgy, because I'm just feeling so generous.


Now I have to resist the urge to fall down a YouTube rabbit hole of NuMetal...

Yes, it's been the kind of week that can only be cured by repeated viewings of Sherlock gifs.  Just because it makes me so darn happy.


Sigh...now what was I saying?  Oh yes, treaty-treats.

  • Vivian asking to go to bed at 7pm.
  • The Oscar nominations came out this week and I am well on my way to viewing all of the Best Picture nominees before Oscar night.  I scratched American Sniper off my list on the weekend and am planning on watching The Theory of Everything, The Imitation Game, Selma, and Wild this week.
  • I might have had a crappy day when I found out about my bank account, but it was made marginally better when pretty new underwear came in the mail that day.
  • Also cheering me up after the bank account ordeal were the lovely friends who offered to help me out if I needed it, and my mom who always pulls through.
  • I was way too excited to find this set of Mysteries of the Universe books at Talize.  Not quite excited enough to take them home though.  I used to love scaring myself by reading these late at night when I was babysitting.



  • This week also saw me trying another escape room, this time in London.  Three new businesses have popped up since I had the chance to try out Adventure Rooms in Kitchener.  This time we emerged triumphant, conquering the Lost-themed room at Escape.  Even though I was still a little muddled from cold medication, it was a great time and I can't wait to try another one!  I'm going to do a more thorough post about these places soon though - don't worry!
  • I scored some bonus karma points by letting a kid take my turn at the walk-in clinic, even though the doctor seemed annoyed with me for doing it.
  • Friends who get HBO screeners are pretty darn awesome - I've now seen the first 5 episodes of the latest season of GIRLS and it's SO GOOD.
  • My favourite wine has quickly become 19 Crimes.  Not only is it tasty (the staff at the LCBO keep raving about it when I buy it) but the packaging is badass and the corks are awesome.  Each cork outlines a different one of the 19 Crimes that would have gotten you shipped off to Australia.  It's too expensive for me to have it all the time, but it's a nice treat and the start to a new collection!

  • My mom is finally understanding how I operate - after dishing up my dinner at her place yesterday she said, "Oh it looks so nice!  Take a picture of it for everyone!"

Okay folks, I have a date with a glass of that 19 Crimes and a couple of episodes of The Affair.  Have a week!







No comments: