Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Outfit of the Day - Something Other Than Yoga Pants

I don't know about you guys, but I spent the vast majority of the last two weeks in yoga pants.  The holidays are a wonderful and terrible time, and when yesterday morning rolled around and I had to actually put on real grown up clothes I think a little part of me died.  Luckily I had something new to help ease the transition.

You may recall that I have quite the fondness for trouser shorts.  It's weird, because I don't care to wear shorts in the summer, but make them dressy and pair them with tights and I'm all over it.  I used to have some, but they were pretty cheap and fell apart pretty quickly.  I'd been on the hunt for a new pair, but was having trouble finding some.  I was considering finding some actual pants and getting them hemmed into shorts, but that seemed like an excessive amount of effort.  Plus it would require actually trying on pants, which is terrible.  Luckily I came across these lovely little shorts while browsing for Boxing Day shopping sales online at the Gap.  $23 later I was in business.


I resisted the urge to just wear a white tank for my more typical combo of white/grey/black, but at the last minute figured that a little colour never hurts!  In all honesty, the shorts will probably look better once a few of those holidays cookies and snacks have found their way off my hips, but for the time being I still think they're cute.


The weird thing with wearing trouser shorts is I feel like you can get away with them being way shorter than if it was a skirt.  It basically functions as a skirt, but I feel like the rules are a little bit different, or at least that's what I tell myself.  It was a little disconcerting when I put on my winter coat and realized that maybe the shorts were just a bit shorter than I realized since they kind of disappeared.


Oh well, there are worse things.

Cardigan - Old Navy
Tank - Old Navy
Tights - Joe Fresh
Boots - Maurices
Coat - Columbia 



No comments: