Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Outfit of the Day - Polka Dots and Plaid

I'm sick and am about to crawl into bed and hide from the world for about 11 hours, but let's remember a time when I wasn't wandering around the house in pajamas and a housecoat, shall we?

I'd been wanting more of a Buffalo check plaid shirt for awhile because I thought it would look good with other prints - power clashing forever, yo.  I found this one on Boxing Day at the Superstore for about $15.  I was too lazy to try it on, which is a big downfall with me since I hate having to return things.  I found it was a little bit bigger than I like, but with button-down shirts they're always either a tiny bit too big or a tiny bit too small so I just kept it.

I decided to take it out for a spin last week and dress it up for work.  Because it was a little big it felt too '90s to have it just undone, and I wanted the polka dot top underneath to show so I decided to just tie it low at the front.  It's like a plaid non-sweater cardigan now.  Totally a thing.  This also helped keep it from looking too crunchy and new.



I love that little tank, I don't know if I've blogged about it before.  It's from H&M and is awesome for layering - I love the little lace detail at the top and it's perfectly stretchy and just the right length.  The fact that it was $7 doesn't hurt either!  You can't really tell that it's polka dotted in the above picture though, so you lucky readers get a dirty bathroom mirror selfie!  Hooray!



Also, I was totally running late for work that morning because I had to get up and shovel before I could leave the house but I still made sure to take pictures of my outfit because I have my priorities in order.

Yay for mixing prints!

Top - Joe Fresh
Tank - H&M
Skirt - Maurices
Tights - Joe Fresh
Boots - Maurices  (PS - those little wedge boots are like the best $30 I've ever spent.  I've worn those things almost every day since I got them!)



No comments: