Down to the wire, everyone! I still have one more day of work left, and I hope you're all close to that finish line too if you're not there already! I'm still about 99% done because I'm the eternal procrastinator and it just wouldn't be Christmas if I wasn't out there on Christmas Eve standing in stupid lines at the grocery store and fighting crowds like a dummy. Ah well, 'tis the season.
- I'm not a candle person, but this time of year I cannot resist a Twisted Peppermint candle from Bath & Body Works!
- I saw some really great movies this week - Citizenfour was the Edward Snowden documentary and was sufficiently terrifying. Foxcatcher was frightening in its stillness and Steve Carell blew me away. And I finally got around to watching Life Itself, the documentary about Roger Ebert that had me in tears. It takes a lot for a movie to get to me, and I thought I would be prepared for that one since I had read his memoir, but it still got to me. I also randomly watched Point Break, which remains the best of all bank robbing-surfer movies.
- A coworker got me some Kahlua flavoured coffee for my Keurig and it is delightful, even if it isn't alcoholic.
- I forgot about this one last week, but I'll still list it here. I was in some training for work and made one of my dumb comments which ended in, "This feels like a trap." The guy sitting beside me didn't even miss a beat, he jumped right in with his best Admiral Ackbar impression, "It's a trap!" So I'm pretty sure that that's the easiest way to identify a fellow nerd in the crowd.
- I got a really awesome gift this past week, but I'll blog more about it later since there's a DIY aspect to it. Suffice to say that I'll have some badass T-shirts soon!
- I was satisfied with the finale of Serial, even though I know that some people were expecting more of a resolution. This parody from SNL was amazing though - so spot on! "But what about the Nisha call?"
- Vivian has been working hard at her reading "homework" and can now identify the word "is"!
- Vivian also had her first Christmas concert last week - it was a bit of a mess, but adorable nonetheless!
- Just getting through this week has been quite the treat - it's been one long week!
All the best this week, guys! I've got another post or two planned for this week, but I know a lot of people slip into internet radio silence. I hope if you're celebrating something you enjoy every minute of it!