December 15th - crunch time! We are closing in on the holidays quickly and I'm actually feeling pretty prepared! After a busy weekend (which included a trip to Waterloo to pick up Vivian's big present) I am 99% done with Christmas shopping and ready to start wrapping! If that isn't a treat, I don't know what is!
- I participated in a Christmas ornament exchange with my fellow Ham Cats from GOMI and was so pleased when mine arrived this week! A Ham from Ottawa sent me these perfect maple leaf ornaments - you know those will end up on the Wall O Canadiana!
- My house is a disaster, and will no doubt stay that way for the next few weeks. I am, however, comforted by the fact that I finally got around to getting more bags and boards this week to organize my comics - small victories!
- The gas prices are low, low, low which makes me happy, happy, happy!
- I have to jay walk to get from where I park to where I work, and it's often a pain in the ass. It made me laugh this week when one of the officers stopped the cruiser to let me cross. Of course I yelled at him that he was blatantly letting me jay walk, but it was still very nice.
- I watched the new HBO documentary Banksy Does New York and thought it was awesome. I love Banksy's work, and this documentary really showed how people react to his work - which is even more interesting. I thought it was really thought-provoking, especially as to ownership of art and its perceived value.
- This bit of chocolate ridiculousness ended up on desk this week. That's a chocolate donut with dark chocolate filling, chocolate icing, chocolate bits on top and a piece of dark chocolate just shoved right in there. So it's a little sweet.
- It was Christmas dinner with the book club ladies this week! We went out for an awesome fancy meal at Waldo's on King. It's not very often I go out for such a fancy dinner - this is probably my one time a year - so I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I took pictures of my salad and salmon because of course I did.
- I saw Horrible Bosses 2 and it actually wasn't terrible! Definitely not as good as the original, but still a lot better than I was expecting!
- I took Vivian to Crock A Doodle to make some Christmas gifts for the grandparents. She had a blast - we will definitely be going back. Can't wait to pick them up and see how they turn out!
- This video popped up in my fee a couple of times today and I cannot get over it! Amazing.
Happy holidays times, guys! Hope you're getting ready to relax!