Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Tell me I'm not the laziest person alive

A few weeks ago, Vivian and I made play-doh for her classroom.  In the same weekend, I made 14 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange.

There are still three spoons in my dishwasher from those events.

Now, it's not that I haven't run my dishwasher since then.  Quite the contrary, I've run it a few times since then.  But those particular spoons have proven to be quite stubborn and are still not clean.  And instead of being a grownup and taking them out of the dishwasher and cleaning them properly to be done with it, I keep putting them back in the dishwasher hoping that the next cycle will finally be the one to blast that last little bit off.

It's not the grown up way of handling it, and yet I just keep tossing it back in there.  So also: stains that I seem to think will come out if I just throw them back in the wash one more time.

So this is the part where you reassure me that I'm not the laziest person alive.  That you do similar things.  I'll even give you another one - I will push crumbs/dirt/etc. under my couch to avoid cleaning it up.  I shouldn't be allowed to live on my own.

No comments: