It's been one of those days. I had that sense of foreboding all day. You know that feeling? When you just have a pit in your stomach for some reason? Just waiting for the other shoe to drop all day? There was no real reason for it, I just felt off all morning. I get through to my lunch break and it starts - I get a text that Vivian's daycare provider has the stomach flu, so I'll have to pick Vivian up from school. I manage to make arrangements for my court and get out the door on time. Driving home was a little slow because the wind storm had knocked out power in a few places, but I made it to the school on time. We head home and see that the fence has been knocked down by the wind. Not unexpected since the whole thing is basically rotten and needs to be replaced. We head out for the grocery store to get some stuff for Vivian's lunch, only to discover that most of Strathroy has lost power - including both the SuperStore and WalMart. So I end up back at home, with a very asleep Vivian. After an hour wait for delivery, we're both semi-awake and consoling ourselves with pizza. The fence will have to wait for another day. Instead, I'll focus on the treats - first and foremost, the fact that we're in a warm, dry house that still has hydro when most of town doesn't.
As for the rest of the week...
- I finally cut a bunch of shows from my viewing schedule. There was just too much piling up that I wasn't even excited to watch and too much other good tv out there to waste time on it. It's a little thing, but it made me feel better.
- Today when I got home from work in the windstorm, I expected to find my garbage can somewhere down the road. I was pleasantly surprised to see it had been tucked up beside the garage with a package that had been delivered. Thanks, Purolator person!
- Amanda and I took the kids to the Santa Claus Parade in Strathroy on Saturday - where the usual chaos ensued. Picture Amanda and I, plus the four kids all packed into a family bathroom at MacDonalds and then trying to get all of us into our snowsuits. We were quite the sight. The kids did great, even though it was a bit wet.
- It was my friend Lisa's annual cookie exchange on the weekend. I curse it every year - I always leave my baking to the last minute and have to force myself to do it. But I always end up having a great time visiting at her house, and of course enjoy all the cookies. I always end up eating Lisa's cookies first - she made egg nog cookies this year and they're awesome!
- I love me some Qdoba - and it was even better when Jenn and I went on Tuesday and I ended up with free tacos! I always make sure to swipe my loyalty card - and this time Jenn had forgotten hers, so I swiped for her order too, which put me over the top to make my Taco Tuesday a free one!
- I went to see Mockingjay with my friend Kimberly, which made for a great night out. Kimberly and I go to see three types of movies together - teen books which have been made into movies, dance movies, and Fast and Furious movies. Sometimes X-Men movies, but we haven't seen one of those together in a long time.
- I love a clever Wi-Fi name (sadly mine is just the standard Bell599 or whatever, I should get on that) so Bill Wi the Science Fi made me laugh way harder than it should have. Sanctuary is pretty darn clever, too.
Stay safe out there, everyone! It's been some wild weather this past week!