Even though November is generally a pretty terrible month, I have to say it hasn't been so bad so far. We've still had some nice warm-ish days (although I think that's supposed to come to an end this week) and I haven't yet had to break out the snow shovel. Let's keep that momentum going for as long as we can. It's been one of those weeks where I feel like it's been really busy, but I also haven't really done anything. It's kind of that calm before the real chaos of the holiday season starts up.
- I went to see Interstellar on Thursday night and it's a total cliche to say this, but it's really what going to the movies is all about. I love the movie-going experience, and while this was far from a perfect movie (ignore those plot holes!) it was an amazing movie experience. See it in IMAX - I wouldn't mind seeing it again in IMAX, to be honest. My friend Geoff wrote a review that's actually positive for once - you can check it out here.
- Because we went to see an early IMAX screening (it was actually a Thursday night show before the official Friday release) we got these awesome Kevin Dart promotional posters. I came across his tumblr and was pleasantly surprised that I recognized so much of his stuff. Can't wait to frame it and find a spot for it! Please note - this is a terrible, terrible picture that I took in my car. I just didn't feel like taking another one.
- I ended up sleeping over at my mom's on Saturday night unexpectedly. Luckily, I was able to borrow some pajamas from her, and she automatically gave me a sleeping hoodie because that's the standard uniform. Sleeping hoodies forever.
- Kelloggs has a great promotion on right now - you can send away for a coupon for either a free Hasbro toy up to a $20 value, or $10 off a Hasbro toy that's $25 or more. Perfect for this time of year! I've already sent away for 3 - they take 2-4 weeks to arrive so I might have to grab a few more boxes of cereal this week so I can get as many as possible before Christmas!
- There are few things that are more interesting or fun that digging through someone's old comics collection - there's no telling what gems might be there!
- It was the 5th of November this past week, which of course means I had to have my annual viewing of V for Vendetta!
Have a week, everyone! And be sure to wear your poppies tomorrow and make it out to a cenotaph if you're able! Time for me to put on my sleeping hoodie!